Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Lets talk Supercharger..

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  AaronZ34 
#1 ·
Sup all

This is basicly for the tech guys.....how reasonible is it to assume I can have a supercharger within the next year?

Im no where near a tech guy or what it takes to have a supercharger maade for the srt8

So i know theres tons of good auto savy guys on here that might have an idea.

#5 ·
I would first hope for some (good) tuning to become available after that I would talk s/c. You rather have reliable power than risking blowing your engine by just slapping on a s/c. I have seen it happen numerous times in the Toyota community and it's still a big PITA to get a good tune for our trucks. Just my 2 cents.

#12 ·
Who knows man. Encryption helps stave off warranty fraud in the eyes of big brother. Big brother almost went bankrupt - and Sergio would rather spend money on fiats than fixing blow hemis
This is true, but somewhere its been posted that they will be able to tell with the WK2 that it has been tuned & returned to stock. Where with the WK1 they can't tell. So whats the big deal for them anyways, if you tune it you void the warranty, even if its just basic bolt on'e & an email tune, no more warranty. So why not just unlock & let the customer decide what they want to do.

Jim

#13 ·
I like the supercharger idea 100+ HP for 5k nothing can get you there like that.I went in my buddy's supercharged wk1 WOW!!!.I think the wk2 can handle that power better now I'm reading up on a new 8 speed tranny and LED rear lights for next year $HIT.Now I want that!!!!

#16 ·
Problem with boosting a 6.4L with no tuning is not being able to retard the timing, the AFR's in the new 6.4L are pretty lean compared to the 6.1L, and it's a higher compression engine. No one even knows how the intake butterflies will react either. Hopefully the butterflies won't be too much of an issue. I don't think they will but you never know. It'll all be figured out in time.......

#17 ·
Absolutely ignition timing is an issue with a RRFPR. Got to really on not getting greedy with the boost, running a good intercooler, and if it still knocks relying on the knock retard. Obviously not ideal, and I wouldn't do it, but if you want boost it's a way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.