Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Lets Talk Nitrous......

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  billettechnology 
#1 ·
How many of you guys are running it? I have heard mixed things about running it on a Hemi. I have a left over kit from my 2004 GTO that I am thinking of throwing on here.

I have heard the Hemi does not like the cyl pressure. But I wanna hear from exp.

Here is the kit on my gto.

See less See more
#2 ·
Theres plenty of people here running it. I just personally set it up on my jeep and have yet to get it tuned and spray it but im excited and stoked! If you search Cobrakid he ran a 200 shot on a stock jeep with a tune and did a good job at it. And the only reason he had problems was because one of his cylnoids failed. Looks like you have a nice set-up on your gto. You know about nitrous you should be good this is my first nitrous kit im came into it off searches and reading/ asking questions. Ive posted quite a few threads with questions about it all if you want search my posts and see what everyone has to say....some good info here.

#4 ·
125 no prob..id go bigger but my zex kit doesnt go any bigger :(

#15 · (Edited)
I run a Nitrous Outlet TB plate kit with 100 shot for now, but the kit comes with jets for 150 shot, and can spray up to a 200 shot with additional nozzles. I also have a Nano nitrogen assist system that I am going to try later this year. I use a Zex TPS switch and a Zex window switch. If you set the window switch to shut off 200-300 rpm before your shift point, it wont spray through the shifts. I have a modified TCM so my shiftpoints are set to 6500 rpm, I set my nitrous to cut off at 6200 rpm. The Zex window switch also has a first gear lockout, you can set it to skip first gear and start spraying in 2nd gear at whatever rpm you want. I never got to finish playing with the nitrous, but I ran 11.97@113 spraying from 2800 in 2nd gear, off at 6200 rpm, and ran 11.91@11 spraying from 3800 rpm in 1st gear, off at 6200 rpm.

Dual purge out the grill:

#19 ·
I run a Nitrous Outlet TB plate kit with 100 shot for now, but the kit comes with jets for 150 shot, and can spray up to a 200 shot with additional nozzles. I also have a Nano nitrogen assist system that I am going to try later this year. I use a Zex TPS switch and a Zex window switch. If you set the window switch to shut off 200-300 rpm before your shift point, it wont spray through the shifts. I have a modified TCM so my shiftpoints are set to 6500 rpm, I set my nitrous to cut off at 6200 rpm. The Zex window switch also has a first gear lockout, you can set it to skip first gear and start spraying in 2nd gear at whatever rpm you want. I never got to finish playing with the nitrous, but I ran 11.97@113 spraying from 2800 in 2nd gear, off at 6200 rpm, and ran 11.91@11 spraying from 3800 rpm in 1st gear, off at 6200 rpm.

YouTube - StangSlayerMA 11.91@111 1.70 60'

YouTube - 2008 Jeep SRT8 Nitrous Outlet 100 shot 11.97@113

Dual purge out the grill:

LOVE YOUR SETUP!

Have you considered spraying 150-200 shot in 2nd-3rd?

#18 ·
I also have a Johan nitrous tune with 4* of timing pulled, and I run Sunoco GT260+ 104 octane race fuel. I usually drive up to the track with the nitrous tune installed, rather than swapping tunes at the track. The nitrous system was adjusted on a dyno and the tune was revised before using the kit at the track, just to be sure AFR was safe, and that the proper jets were installed.

#25 ·
Yeah, I did! How do you have the wire connected to the throttle body? Spliced or quick splice? I had mine quick spliced and figured the connection wasn't good enough, so I cut both wires, twisted them together and re-attached them to the throttle body wire and it worked a little better. I only sprayed like twice after that though. If you have any more questions, call me 843-609-8999.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.