Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Lets talk about the fix to the Eibachs!

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  HoustonSRT-8 
#1 ·
With the extension cups and hardware etc.....so basically your rear suspension is gone! It extends the bumpstop basically rigth to the axle??? So its not going to flex at all in the rear. How is the spring going to travel....

Can someone tell me if thats the stock pumpstop in my photo below. I took everything apart and I ended up putting everything back to normal....I don't think its going to work with the stock pumpstop which I think I still have for some stupid reason....

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If he says he needs some sort of "deal on the table" for you to look at a jeep thats being washed by some dude making minimum wage, then he's out of his mind. Don't ever hesitate to tell someone "you're out of your mind" to their face. You won't make any friends but it knocks people for a loop when you call them on their BS.

Then revert to sarcasm, walk over in front of the manager's table, and have the discussion there, aloud. "Soo... is ths how you treat every customer that walks in the door, demand to have an offer before you can even lay eyes on overstocked and underselling inventory?"

Watch him scramble like a ****roach.

#4 ·
Im confused on what going on i think it just me

#5 ·
Yeah - not sure about the replies, I can tell you that after reading all the posts on the Eibach "fix" which is to replace the stock bump stock cups with their set up (thanks to 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR for the info) I checked out under the truck and decided that JeepTrick's mod to the stock bump stock cups which include cutting out the middle section of the cup, welding the mounting plate and the bottom section back together and reinstalling the stock bump stops was the best solution. I did the mod on Saturday morning and so far it has worked great. I drove over some notorious "bottoming out" roads yesterday and today and no more bottoming out. The original bump stops Eibach sends with the springs are almost like foam, I don't see how they can progressively stiffen up to stop the "crash" in the rear suspension. You do have the stock bump stop in the picture but looks like they were cut, they are supposed to come to a point at one end (like a cone). My $.02 but this mod was really very easy and it works.

#9 ·
They r called bumpstops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.