Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New here...Need your help-C status

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  gc-srt8 
#1 ·
Hey everyone...I have been lurking here for awhile and I have learned alot from all of you. I ordered a my 2008 Beast on March 31st...It went to C-Status (Sub-Firm) on Monday April 7th and as of today Monday May 12th it still sits at C-Status. The dealer is clueless.

Does anyone know when production ends for 2008? Any advice on what I can do? I put down $1000 and reading the fine print it seems that if I walk away now I will loose that.

Thanks,

Rick

#2 ·
not sure mayn, but i do recall that i was the the damn near the first, if not the first, to put in an order for an 07' on july 1st of 06'. when production kicked off i watched as my baby was being born...long story short it sat there forever and ever...it found a dark cold spot in storage at the plant. nobody ever had a story as to why it was taking so long other than a railcar shortage at the time, however i couldnt believe that since 07's were hitting dealer lots everywhere around me. finally took delivery on nov 22nd 07' never having known the reason it was sitting that long...seems to be alright so far. goodluck.

#3 ·
Rick, even if you sign a form saying it is a non-refundable deposit, they still cannot keep your money. The order can be canceled up until it goes to D-1. Sounds to me like they just dont have the allocation to be able to get it. They will stop building the 08's this month.

#5 ·
Don...I should have bought through you !!! Since 2008's end production this month and it looks like they don't have allocation...what do you think my chances are of getting a 2008 built? Do you have any Brilliant Blacks or Modern Blues fully loaded with Backseat TV?

#6 ·
If I remember correctly C status means that its tenatively scheduled waiting for allocation. At this point it is starting to look bleak for the factory to build it. It's still possible but unlikely. The dealer should tell you that and not string you along....maybe some one else here like Don can tell us if a dealer knows how many allocations they have for SRT8's.

Good Luck

#7 ·
If I remember correctly C status means that its tenatively scheduled waiting for allocation. At this point it is starting to look bleak for the factory to build it. It's still possible but unlikely. The dealer should tell you that and not string you along....maybe some one else here like Don can tell us if a dealer knows how many allocations they have for SRT8's.

Good Luck

They know exactly what thier allocation is, they just dont want to say

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.