Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Does your WK2 SRT have front bumper problems?

How many jeeps have front bumper coming out.

54K views 167 replies 51 participants last post by  carpenter215@gmail.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Starting a poll to see how many WK2 Srts actually have a problem with their front bumper coming out under the headlights.

#144 ·
front bumper issuses

i also have front bumper issuses and the service maneger told me that a bullitin alert has been sent out to SRT divivion. but that dont do sqaut for any of us with this problem it will take to dam long for me to get it fixed i dont wanna waste time going down to the dealer agin but we spent a hell of alot a money on this beast which i really love . Did anyone do it them selves because im at that point already and i've only got the basic warranty on it cause i cant leave any car buy stock !! So if anyone has done the do it yourself way I'd really like to hear what was used and done for this issue. Thanks guys 69cuda

#145 ·
My '12 SRT8 has been at the dealer for 1.5 weeks now. They were going to attempt the SRT bulletin fix but once they took the bumped off they saw that the tab was broken off so they had to order a new bumper. Their body shop got done painting and attaching the bumper and they returned it to the dealer only to find that they tore one of the wheel wells so they had to order that too. I should have the SRT8 back tomorrow hopefully everything will be in perfect order.

Driving the loaner Chrysler 200 for the past week really has me missing the extra horses under the SRT8 hood.

#146 ·
Got it back (took longer than they thought) and unfortunately the bumper and left fog light assembly is off by a 1/2 inch and there is a inch long piece of hair under the right front corner paint. The hair is at the perfect placement so it is visible from every angle on the front. :(

On the plus side the bumper is attached where the bumper and light assemblies meet up. :rolleyes:

I am taking it back next week for paint and attachment round 2.

#147 ·
I just picked my Alpine up from the shop after 2 weeks! I thought i had looked it over good however I found that on the passenger side where the fascia meets the flares its off of alignment. The service manager i think is frustrated with me and thinking im being to picky. This will be the 4th time ive had to bring mine back for this issue and they already put a new fascia and flares. Im extremely aggravated because of the 90 mile trip to the dealer and the time without my Jeep! Total my Jeep has spent 3 weeks in the shop for this issue!

#148 ·
Tell the service manager to shell out $60k+ dollars for his own GC and then ignore ridiculous issues like the ones you're having. A$$wipe....

#149 ·
Is there a definite remedy for the faulty bumper clips?? I drove my new '13 home and discovered both front corners were popped out and the back passenger was popped out as well. The service manager told me to bring it in and they would take care of it but wouldn't say that he had new clips to do it right.

#150 ·
Fed up with it!
I am a deployed contractor and get to use my Jeep minimally. Like everyone else with on going bumper issues, not including the belt going out on 2 occasions that left me stranded. I have sent the documents pursuing the Lemon Law. The manufacture is obviously fighting me but on the 5th and final attempt to repair the bumper, in accordance with the lemon law procedures, the bumper popped out again.

Arbitration court date is June 10. No idea how this is going to turn out, I have to be represented by a friend, because I am in Afghanistan. I love my jeep but paying over 60k I expect it to be a little better then what it is.

I'll let you know how it goes

#151 · (Edited)
You have to remember dealers are like doctors theres good ones and bad ones. My dealer send theres out to a body shop and what they did was put mine back in place then used some kind of industrial glue and so far all is good. They even glued my fender molding on where they were coming lose at the pointed tip.

#158 ·
Guys I feel the same way about this clips & facia issues but it just seems that SRT division ain't paying attention to these complaints or there isn't enough units sold for them to recall this but I myself have been to the dealer three times for this and my only option in the end was letting them send it to a body shop to put new clips & some epoxy & I gotta admit it after it was done no issues since then but it's just wrong to pay the kind of money for this SRT and not have the proper corrective action from SRT division it seems to that most all recalls has to have a certain amount of units sold with the same issue for Jeep/Chrysler to take action which to me is just wrong for a high priced SUV !!! Chrysler needs to wake da "F" up !!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#160 ·
I know this is an old thread.. Had my jeep for a while just been busy and do not drive it much. I took to the dealer today thinking that there was a TSB out on this issue and he could not find one. I came home and was researching and still have not found one. I thought Ill just call the SRT hotline. He told me he was familiar with this issue and to his knowledge that there was no TSB at this time and I should just "hip check the bumper" on occasion to keep it in place. I almost dropped the phone. I told him that was not an acceptable. He put me on hold to look into it further. Needless to say he did find the fix but it has not been made into a TSB.

#161 ·
I know this is an old thread.. Had my jeep for a while just been busy and do not drive it much. I took to the dealer today thinking that there was a TSB out on this issue and he could not find one. I came home and was researching and still have not found one. I thought Ill just call the SRT hotline. He told me he was familiar with this issue and to his knowledge that there was no TSB at this time and I should just "hip check the bumper" on occasion to keep it in place. I almost dropped the phone. I told him that was not an acceptable. He put me on hold to look into it further. Needless to say he did find the fix but it has not been made into a TSB.
This is why Chryco is out of their element trying to build 60-70K vehicles. I can tell you first hand
A. You are going to waste a lot of time taking your Jeep in several times before they even have a direction to fix this.
B. You will also make several phone calls to the SRT mouthpieces that are trained to gloss over the issues and hope that you get bored with their three day waits on contacts and what not.
C. In the end they will just try and glue your shit back together like they are doing with the fender flares.

#162 ·
I took mine to my local dealer and he wanted me to leave it with him so he could look into it lol I said hell no. He took pics as did I and agreed to take it to my body shop for the repair. THey fixed it and I paid the $300 invoice. Now, hopefully the dealer will reimburse me. If not, oh well. Like others have said, Chrysler has no business building a $65k vehicle.

#166 ·
Douchebag service advisor said it was the front license plate holder putting too much stress on the front bumper. I laughed then I proceeded to show him the star case PDF. Then he says "let me talk with my service manager." This guy is a joke, I'm talking to a different service advisor from now on.

#168 ·
Me , me , me as well below the pass. Headlight along with the wheel well moulding. Its visual !!!! There's 9 other electrical and or hvac issues that mysteriously linger or pop.up.
Jeep quality - eh . I am 1 and done. Utterly disappointed with build quality , issues , and problems. I really like the jeep srt for what it is , however i will not purchase another FCA vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.