Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Anyone add Sirius to a headunit without one?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sparkdogy2k 
#1 ·
Want to add Sirius to my headunit, the factory optioned one. Anyone here do it? Any feedback or thought? Also, where did you purchase it from?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
What year is your Jeep?

It should have come with 1 free year...then when that expires you have to pay monthly, or every 3 months, or yearly for the subscription.

Is there a button on the radio that says SAT radio? If it does...Hit it and a 1-800 should pop up!

#5 ·
I had the dealer put in the Mopar one in my '06 300C that had the REC radio in it. It was a pretty involved install. The only flaw with the install was the template to cut the antenna hole in the roof was slightly crooked. Wasn't the techs fault, it was actually the template. I saw a few other crooked ones around at the time.

#6 ·
what model head unit?? REC?

#7 ·
I had a Sirius receiver installed in my Lincoln Navigator (stock radio, no Sat connection). I went with the "Directed" unit. It plays through an FM signal (88.1 or something) I was quite surprised how good it sounded. Clean signal no noise whatsoever. (you can get add a filter if you want. Mine didn't need it). It's a compact unit and I actually had it installed in the flip-down sunglass holder in the headliner. Comes with a remote (never used it). Was probably $500 installed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.