Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

FYI New Predator/Trinity Update

6K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Texas SRT8 
#1 · (Edited)
The latest updates for Trinity and Predator have gotten some Jeep love:
*all tunes have been redone, for overall better performance
*Mileage booster tunes added, designed for you to be able to run the minimum recommended octane (91) with an emphasis on fuel economy, so raw power will be a little less than the regular tunes(still better than stock), but the throttle, torque management and shifting will still be improved, mpg gain 1-2mpg over stock, not much but these are awd bricks on wheels and you can only ask for so much :)
*Oh and we changed the Dyno mode Quick adjust name to Traction Control ON/OFF.
Predator revision 9r29

Trinity update 1r08b and will automatically update once plugged into DSdownloader.

Thought i would share.

#5 ·
The traction control option in there now used be named Dyno Mode in prior revisions.
I just changed the name as Traction Control on/off is more suiting.
Turning the traction control off will disable traction control as well as abs, your dash will light up with ESP/BAS ABS and Brake lights when turned off.
I suppose you could do this instead of pulling the abs pump fuse, i have never compared the two options but i suppose you could :)

#7 ·
I did an update yesterday and got 7 updates to my trinity but after install I do not see any "mileage" tunes or traction control option? Do I need to do another update?
Mike

#8 ·
Might need to go an reselect your vehicle in the option>>change vehicle type after the update.
You would need to put it back to stock before doing this thou.
Also what you can do is, go to options, show information, the latest update should be
1r08b.

#9 ·
Johan

Does the 9r29 have the throttle booster adjustment too?

#11 ·
Cool. Thanks man.

#12 ·
went back to stock plugged it in to DS downloader and no updates? Options - info says r1o8 but no a or b. reselected jeep still no mileage tune or traction control button
Mike

#14 ·
Has anyone had an issue updating the Predator to 9r29 version? I tried and it kept failing about 3/4 of the way through the update. I tried 3 times, then re-downloaded the firmware and still failed. I had to re-install the 9r12 version. I'm kinda bummed.. wanted to try out the MPG tune for an upcoming road trip. Thoughts?

#15 ·
You may have an early series Predator (Revision I) I don't think they can be updated unless they are returned to DS for an upgrading. I have the later model (Revision II) and downloaded 9r29 wtihout any problem. It works fine. I also updated DS Downloader to the most recent update, but I don't think that would be an issue. Maybe Johan or Mike at DS can give you more information. You can also reach them on the DS website at www.diablosport.com Good luck.

#16 ·
mine is working now, put it back to stock, plugged it into ds downloader again, nothing, selected jeep again and now it is all there. Not sure what happened but all is good
Mike

#20 ·
So if my Predator was born on 1/26/09 I cannot upload the update?? I tried to upload the 9r29 but was told incompatible hardware. So I reloaded the 9r12, checked my Tool Info and it says hardware: unknown. bus is blank. What can I do to get the update???

#21 ·
Contact Diablo and they can send you a crom file that will work on the older hardware.

#22 ·
So when I update mine..I have to take my tune out and put it back to stock?

#23 ·
Anytime you do a crom update to the predator or trinity, you need to put the stock tune back and reset the tool.

#24 ·
I just updated mine. Pretty easy. Thanks Toona

#27 ·
Anybody try the new MPG booster tune?

#28 ·
Just put 4000 kms on the new mpg booster tune. Averaged 15.5 mpg of mostly 75mph hwy and a few hundred miles of around town stop and go. I figure maybe 1 mpg savings, but it still runs better than stock and I wasn't really trying to get better mileage. I don't like babying the beast. Ran flawless although I will say the nav system could be better. Takes the long way everywhere. LOL! Not always a bad thing. I couldn't ask for better seats and love the passing power!

#30 ·
I really want to get a trinity/tune, but I read this thread and several others on the same topic and just don't know if it's worth the stress to go just a little bit faster?
I'm worried that I'm gonna invest a grand and then void my factory warranty also.......

#31 ·
So if your running your custom tunes Johan is it even worth while updating the predator? or is this for normal non custom tunes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.