Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

A little warning on the new Trinity CROM update...

3K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Mike@Diablosport 
#1 ·
I installed my update. When I went to re-install my tune, I went into the MODIFY TUNE menu to change a few thing back that went back to stock. One thing I did was RESET TCM ADAPT. I wouldn't suggest doing that until the tune is in. When I hit load tune, it went into failsafe mode and reloaded the stock tune back in. I was thinking GREAT!! Here we go again.:rolleyes: I reloaded the CMR tunes back into it and tried again and it went in perfectly. So........ I'd suggest just putting the tune in first before making any changes.:D

All in all..... I'm loving the new update. Looks a whole lot better. Gotta go buy an SD card. I'm curious though as to what the SNOW PERFORMANCE part is all about in the OPTIONS section. I forget what it's under, I think the OEM part. I dunno. Also, anyone knows what the new THROTTLE setting does? Is that a "sprint booster" mod that we can adjust ourselves?

#3 ·
I emailed Johan..... awaiting a response. He's probably playing with his daughter. Hopefully should have an answer tonight after he puts her to bed.

#4 ·
Glad you like the you crom update bro! Lucky for me I did not run into the issues you described.....

#5 ·
It seems I can NEVER do a CROM update without some sort of issue. I just have the worst luck of all. I swear..... if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!!

#6 ·
I think you're on the right path about the new throttle section.;):D

#7 ·
Yeah I just drove it at a 7% increase. Soooo much fun. Just turned it up to 10% and gonna go for another drive. I can't see turning it past 10%. Might be ludacris speed!!

AND NOW GUESS WHAT?!?!?! I CAN LOCK AND UNLOCK MY DOIRS WITH IT PLUGGED IN!!!!! Holy CRAP I've only been waiting a year for this fix!!!

#8 ·
Welp, scratch that about the unlocking part. After it sits, can't unlock it. Urrrgh. Sure wish they'd fix that!!!

#11 ·
I think it might be an 07 thing. Funny thing is, when I got out at my mom's house, I hit lock and it locked immediately. It does that sometimes with it plugged in. I hit unlock, and it actually unlocked. Started walking farther and farther and it still worked. Went inside to see my mom for a bit, came out, and nothing. Wouldn't unlock at all. So, like always, opened it with the key, the alarm goes off, I unplug it, and hit unlock. Back to the drawing board.:mad:

#12 ·
Just got an email from Johan a little few mins. ago. The THROTTLE settings in the MODIFY TUNE is the "sprint booster" mod.:D It's fun.

He also said there was a certain size SD Card that we should use and that'll he'll find out tomorrow and email me. You can't go too big like Knuckles did. It doesn't like it. My guess it probably a 1 or 2GB.

#15 ·
Good message Wink. I actually just turned mine down from 10% to 7%. I pulled out of Target buying an SD card and spun like mad. TC kicked in and everything. Would definitely NOT let anyone drive your ride with it turned up high either. Johan said there is some safety built into it so we can't go totally nuts but it's a HUGE difference. My throttle settings are already played with too. I guess it just added extra to it. I mean 1/4 feels almost like full throttle.:D it is fun though!!

#18 ·
Glad you guys are liking the update.

As mentioned, the Throttle Booster parameter now lets you add even more throttle response (or less if you like) over what is already added in the canned (or your custom) tunes.

The SNOW Performance settings are part of a program SNOW is unveiling currently that allows the Trinity to be used to control any or all of their black box controllers through the Trinity interface. Check with them for more info ;)

#20 ·
Yep - I used a 1GB card in mine and it works. I tried a 2GB card and the Trinity crashes when I plug it in.

#21 ·
Well, guess I gotta buy a card online. You know hard it is to FIND a 1gb SD card anymore?:rofl: Those babies are ancient!!

#25 ·
NEWEGG has some but you might just buy a larger card cheap and trade somebody that has a 1GB card.

I tried a different 2GB card and it seems to work as long as I don't hot insert or remove it.

But I have not tried to install a tune from any card, just copy files and then read on the PC.

#23 ·
I believe you're suppose to format it before you put anything on it Jose. Could be worng though. Lettuce know what Jim says PLEASE!!;)

#24 ·
Yup did that bro... Thats Computer 101 shat:D hehehe... Will keep you guys posted on this and hopefully Jim B calls me back tomorrow.....

#28 ·
I have the latest mega update loaded... and I set the sleep monitoring value to 30 sec as others suggested. Do you know if you have any other settings applied that might affect things? TIA

PS - My 07 is also equipped with remote start capability... not sure if that's a standard feature or not on 07s

#29 ·
http://diablosport.com/mediakit/Updates/Trinity1R08InstructionsBook.pdf

Some 1r08 info there.

For those of you trying to load tunes to the SD card, then to your truck:

you must open DSDL, and go to advanced tune mode, and add all of the tunes you want on the SD card, then click 'save to disc' on DSDL.

This will create a single file, that can be dragged onto the SD card, and then the tunes will work in the Trinity.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.