Buyer Beware 2006 silver SRT8 in E Stroudsberg
There is a 2006 silver SRT8 located at Ray Price Honda in E Stroudsberg PA that I looked at yesterday (driving a considerable distance to do so). The sales people were very nice, but it needs far more than the dealer will let on. Here is a list of things that I found:
- virtually no oil in vehicle upon inspection
- low power steering fluid
- transfer case rear seal is leaking
- low coolant level
- vibration under moderate load from rear (either diff, transfer case or driveshaft)
- diagnostics show at least 2 o2 sensors and one catalytic convertor bad
- slight rust underside of tailgate
- impact in front right corner, caused cosmetic damage and misalignment of hood/fenders
- moderate/significant curb rash on all wheels
- hood supports need to be replaced
- rust patch above rear hatch (on roof)
I took it for two test drives, and on the second one, the transmission (or transfer case - not sure which) warning light came on on the dash.
Like I said, I think that it's just a matter of the dealer not wanting to deal with it. I really don't think they are trying to deliberatly sell you a lemon. In our discussion, it was clear that they had no idea what they had on their hands.
Last edited by az5oh; 02-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.