Finally stopped being a woos and pulled the trigger on the 2014! - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
Wow, now that's a mind-blower. You know more about my situation than I do.

To be honest, I was 99.9% positive that a walk-in saw the truck being off-loaded and offered the dealership a few grand over sticker to get it right away. I was so sure, seeing as I was only told that my order had been bumped for the american market within the same week or so that the truck was to be delivered. It was too much of a coincidence for me. I guess I was wrong after all.
Thanks so much for sharing this info with me. That makes me feel better.

I'm probably going to vinyl wrap her in the same colour as my service fleet.

www.idealmec.com

Go to menu, then service. The blue is darker than what you see in the pics, but you get the picture.

BTW, I also come from a car-modding background. Latest feat was in 2005, I stuffed a Ramjet 502/502 big block c/w 4L80E & Ford 9" into my 1997 GMC Safari. After working out the inevitable little bumps, squeaks and quirks, I took her and her fully-functional air bags, ABS, cruise, a/c etc on a two-week excursion across the US, just to prove the nay-sayers wrong.

And yeah, I am bragging.....

Sorry
Ever get that thing on a Dyno? I have twin 502s in my boat, and they are hard to find parts for . a lot of respect for those motors. Easy to pull some extra power out of too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Finally stopped being a woos and pulled the trigger on the 2014!

Congrats!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
All work done at KING MOTORSPORTS

RIP RoKDoG

My Jeep... http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=62004
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Re: Finally stopped being a woos and pulled the trigger on the 2014!

Talking to some people who've driven the 2014, you won't be disappointed.

J

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 AM

Garage
Go Black !!
I also decided to pull the trigger after reading tons of blogs. I initially tested the 2013 SRT back in October, and realized that the 2014 was around the corner, so decided to wait...Long wait !!

Watch this...

Congratulation !

Previous ride :
- BMW Z4M 2007
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to phillysrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRims View Post
Hi everyone, I'm Jordan and new to your forums. Your posts have been great in helping me research the SRT (I'm sad that they are not calling it the SRT8 anymore...).

I'm new to the SUV segment. I currently own a 2008 Evo X with 430awhp, a restored W126 Mercedes and a 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10r. But I've always liked the SRT8 Jeep and fell in love with the WK2 when it came out. I've never had the opportunity to drive one but I'm absolutely sure I'll love the feel of it in addition to its gorgeous interior. I guess I'm a little older now (33), and am starting to crave some comfort. I'm also kind of tired of an unreliable tuner car that smells like unburnt fuel at stoplights...lol

I've ordered my 2014 with:
- Summer tires
- Black chrome spider monkeys
- High Performance Audio
- Tow Package

As for color, I feel I'm going to be an insomniac for the next couple of weeks. I really like to research before making decisions, and the fact that there are no photos of the 2014 in its new colors is really causing me a severe migraine. I've always loved the Ferrari edition that Jeep built for the Ferrari F1 drivers, but I have no clue whether the new "Redline Red" will look anything like it. I kind of like the Deep Cherry but oddly my dealership today didn't have it available in his system (I am in Montreal, Canada).

I've promised my dealership that once it enters production I will stick with my color choice and not have him order a different one. Therefore I'm going to spend the next few days making sure I decide on the right now. We entered "white" in the system for the order, but I expect to change it shortly.

I'm really excited about this Jeep, and am anxious to be part of the SRT8 family!

congrats man!!!! i bought mine redline red!!! good luck choosing, its hard!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 AM

The red in the background of the video doesn't look bad

The black has a lot of metallic!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,460 Times in 960 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Congratulations on the order! I would love to pick up a 2014 myself. Keep us posted on the status of your vehicle production and enjoy the process.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBoy@Stage6 View Post
Talking to some people who've driven the 2014, you won't be disappointed.
That's good to know, I think everyone is so anxious to find out how this new transmission is going to affect acceleration times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos View Post
Go Black !!
I also decided to pull the trigger after reading tons of blogs. I initially tested the 2013 SRT back in October, and realized that the 2014 was around the corner, so decided to wait...Long wait !!Congratulation !
Congratulations on the order! The Black is really tempting and I'm still really considering it, especially since it hides the restyled front (I just don't like how they gave it a smily face with the black horizontal insert). At least on the black model it doesn't stand out and still looks like the 2013. I'm also not a fan of the black plastic piece they integrated below the inside portions of the headlights (where the washer nozzle is I believe). Looks cheap on such an upscale vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysrt View Post
congrats man!!!! i bought mine redline red!!! good luck choosing, its hard!
Wow props for being brave enough to order Redline without seeing it in person, that is great! The more I think about it the more I think Redline is my color. It's different, sporty, unique and there won't be many of them on the road since most buyers are looking for an upscale look. I find that red and black is such a sexy color combo on this type of SUV, case in point the Porsche Cayenne in Red....always loved it. I'm close to pulling the trigger on the color, just a little nervous I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
Congratulations on the order! I would love to pick up a 2014 myself. Keep us posted on the status of your vehicle production and enjoy the process.
Right now I'm just hoping my order is accepted for production, the day I get news of that you guys will know and I'll be celebrating!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Not an old guy
Premium Member

Garage
I'm trading in the wife's Modern Blue WK1 (only 45 of them made in '08!) for a Maximum Steel at some point. Sticking with blue, though the Modern Blue is considerably nicer than the steel blues...

2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
Billet Tech CC | Speedlogix CAI | T1000 tune | Mopar STB | 180* thermo | Magnaflow Cat-back | 20% tint and smoked tails

2004 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
Flowmaster cat-back | JLT CAI | Pulley and Tune coming soon
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM

Well the maximum steel definitely looks high end, gives it a very classy look. I doubt your wife will complain about the swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.