So quite! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Intake/Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Senior Contributing Member

So quiet!

Ok, I have 300 miles on my WK2 and was wondering something. This this so extremely quiet! I mean my WK1 was much louder. Not saying I dont mind it being stealth, but I also know some exhausts are known to gain more growl as things start getting broken in etc. Is this true with the WK2? I will NOT put an aftermarket exhaust on.

Last edited by Specialblend07; 02-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Yes, they pretty much stay quiet the whole time... my brother's 2012 was super quiet until he did his borla atak axle back. (Around 10k miles, if I remember right)

Honestly, I know you said before you would leave ALL vehicles stock from now on, but the borla atak makes it sound like it should. A bit deeper and louder, but still quiet enough cruising that you can drive 24 hours at a time and not notice the exhaust. Even in ECO, unless you REALLY listen for it.

I agree that it is quieter than the wk1 stock to stock... I would recommend you breaking your "stock only" policy just this once Install took literally 20 minutes with a floor jack.

The choice is yours, enjoy the new ride
2010 SRT8: BT Catch can, Carbon Fiber Shorty Ant., LMI Carbon Fiber CAI, Custom painted headlights/side moldings, Passport 9500ix Corvette mounted and direct wired, LED interior, Weathertech floor liners, Trinity w/vent mount, Bwoody sway links, Motivos, JOHAN TUNE! (rev 007 )
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialblend07 View Post
Ok, I have 300 miles on my WK2 and was wondering something. This this so extremely quiet! I mean my WK1 was much louder. Not saying I dont mind it being stealth, but I also know some exhausts are known to gain more growl as things start getting broken in etc. Is this true with the WK2? I will NOT put an aftermarket exhaust on.
I have almost 15k on mine and its quiet as a mouse. The only thing that gave it a small growl was the intake. I will be doing header & exhaust soon.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Mine also is very quiet and thats music to my ears lol. I did like the sound of my 07 but the wife didnt.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 PM

So quite!

I'm pretty sure none out of V8 riders would like their exhaust stay quite. Since I've just realised that I love the V8s because of the Power and the Sound of the exhaust system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM

Get some cutouts, quiet when you want and obnoxious when a ricer pulls next to you revving. Those will put them in their place, LOL
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM

I think there's a lot more sound deadening in these trucks as well. I've had friends stand outside and listen to me give it in the other direction and have them report that it's quite loud.

mind you, I didn't own a WK1, so I can't compare.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

So quite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud8 View Post
I think there's a lot more sound deadening in these trucks as well. I've had friends stand outside and listen to me give it in the other direction and have them report that it's quite loud.

mind you, I didn't own a WK1, so I can't compare.
This.

My setup on the WK2 screams at WOT if I have all the windows down and can hear it. Otherwise, it's quiet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.