How do your rear fogs work? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Lighting Discussion

WK1 Lighting Discussion Use this area for all things related to interior/exterior lighting.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM

I have mine configured to come on when breaking and turn signal. I believe you can also buy a harness that also comes on with regular lights.
2004 Silver Grand Cherokee Limited
1997 Black Trans Am Ram Air, Borla
__________________________________________________ ______
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Again, you didn't really search cause if you did, you would've seen that the harness from Ken at TLS will let them be running lights only or work like the regular taillights (running, brake, signal). Further reading would've found that they never come on with the front fog lights.
Hopefully this new information will help you find the answer you are looking for.

No more searching needed: http://www.taillightsolutions.com/ or you can PM him here on the board
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies

Last edited by ekaz; 01-24-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM

Perhaps my searches weren't phrased properly to find the info i needed, but this answers my questions.

Thanks again
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Search on this site sucks...let's be honest! It rarely gives you answers without reading for an hour. Why do people always get so touchy with the search crap? If you have heard the question a million times and don't want to read it again from a newb...move on to a different thread. Most times a kind person will take the time to give you a quick answer and you are on your way.
Craig 08 GCSRT8-- Eibach's, BT Catch Can, Mopar Cat Back and CAI, Shorty Antenna, 180tstat, other appearance goodies by BT and carbon fiber accents... Jerseyboy Tuned with a custom wrapped Alcantara steering wheel
12.52 @ 108
SRTBEAST
2013 Modern Street Hemi Shootout Stock Points Champion
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mustbf8 For This Useful Post:
bxcharger (01-27-2013), TXSRTMike (01-28-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
Before you start anything make sure that they are not rotted out. I bought the kit plugged it in and thought I was doing something wrong just to find out one side was rusted out . Spend the extra and get the Led kit it looks 100x better
07 SRT8 Silver Cam,PP heads&intake BT CC ,Borla S ,Eibach, Volant CAI Hid's all around Smooth and logoed moldings , Carbon Medic V2 ,Stillen's,Mopar Spoiler , TS led Rear fogs,Quad Projectors, 275/315 Dueller HP Sport ,Eibach's.Tuned By Diablo and CMR by OVERKILL, R1's StopTech's
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM

mustbf8.......I have to agree with you. I have had my fair share of run ins with some very sensitive forum posters about my newbie questions. Search does blow and if you have seen that question a million times then go read a different post. There are plenty of friendly members on here that don't mind taking 15 seconds out of their day to respond to a newbie, even if they've helped out a million newbies before with the same question. Some people really have nothing better to do than troll a forum and make people feel shitty. I get that it's annoying to constantly see the same posts "what oil to use", "whats the jacking points", "what tuner to use" etc......but lets just get a grip, this is a forum for jeep guys/girls to come and learn. Maybe the moderators should improve the search function

original poster......buy harness from taillight solutions and dont look back. Also make sure the bulb sockets arent rusted out like Canadian SRT8 described. I ordered the taillight solution harness, went to install and noticed my bulb sockets were completely rusted out. Had to replace both before I could install the harness.

2008 JEEP SRT8
Powder Coated OEM Matte Black Rims
18" F10's with Blizzaks (winter rim setup)
Mopar CAI
Magnaflow HF Cats
Corsa Catback Exhaust
DiabloSport In-Tune Tuned By Johan
180* Jet T-Stat
BT Oil Catch Can
BWoody Shorty Billet Antenna
TailLight Solutions Rear Fog Harness
WeatherTech Digital Rubber Floor Liners
R1 Drilled/Slotted Rotors & Stop Tech Pads
5% Rear Tint & 15% Front Tint
The Following User Says Thank You to NVMYSRT8 For This Useful Post:
bxcharger (01-27-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 PM

Thanks to those that took the time to answer, yes i did spend better than an hour or two and found many threads related to rear fogs but none that gave clear answers to my questions. Definately a newb to this particular forum but certainly not on many others and have seen both sides.
I've decided to use my 15+ years electrical experience to wire in a set of new dual filament bulbs with the existing brake harness. Shouldn't be too hard by the sounds of it and cheaper than the pre-made harness. Anyone who's done one, feel free to chime in with advice.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I wonder if the euro light stalk would be too expensive for you guys that gives true rear fog light function?
Or would the necessary wiring be completely missing on US spec?

How much more to spend?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezituper View Post
I wonder if the euro light stalk would be too expensive for you guys that gives true rear fog light function?
Or would the necessary wiring be completely missing on US spec?
IIRC the North American versions have some parts missing to make it Plug& play
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Supporting Vendor

I have the Taillight Solutions harness. As mentioned, they come on with running lights and get brighter with turn/brake.
Uses the existing 1156 single filament bulb but acts like a 1157 dual filament.
Challenger Hood-Flat Black Wheels-Tinted LED Tails/etc-Kicker-Eibach/RM-Bwoody Links-90mm TB-P&P Intake Manifold-ProCharger D1SC-PPP Pro Series Stage 1 Cam-PSI Springs-American Racing Headers-Mopar Exhaust-5" Tips-JerseyBoy CMR Tune-Trinity w/AFR-80lb Injectors-Fore Rails-Wilwoods-SHR Trans-FTI Performance Convertor-ATI Flexplate-Stage6 Dual Pumps-BT CC & Underhood-R1 Cryo'd Rotors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.