"custom" tune - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM

"custom" tune

this is new territory for me since I am used to GM units. How do we go about getting custom tunes for our WK2s? I know the Diablosport Trinity will be available soon but I am looking for someone who gets the vehicle on a rolling dyno and really tunes it.

We are going to be working with Kookks on a new set of headers and minds and I wanted to make sure we get the full advantage of the added exhaust flow.

The tuning I have had done on my GTO was on a Mustang dyno and with HP tuners. I am aware HP does not support Chrysler products so what are shops using out there?

Last question; how accurate would it be to load a "custom" canned tune from a shop with the DS? Every engine is different and I have always felt that the canned tunes get you in a safe ballpark figure without actually seeing what the motor is doing ultimately leaving power on the table...
-sold- 2010 Rubicon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
At the moment, there is only canned tunes available from DS for the WK2. Tuning for the new platform is still in its infancy. Give it more time for the actual CMR tuning to be available. As far as the Kooks go, tuning really needs to be available first so you don't run lean.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 AM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

"custom" tune

Johan at DS has been tweaking some tunes through email for members. Just data log and send in for revisions. Not sure on all the details, but I would think doing a email tune with Johan will get the headers running correctly. I'd suggest getting a wide band to properly tune the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Johan at DS has been tweaking some tunes through email for members. Just data log and send in for revisions. Not sure on all the details, but I would think doing a email tune with Johan will get the headers running correctly. I'd suggest getting a wide band to properly tune the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
That's what I was trying to figure out. Might be getting a wide band then. Guess there is more to this then I first thought.

It is always fun to be the guinea pig!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Now I could be wrong. But, I think if you contact Johan and tell him you're getting headers and what size. If you have a CAI and exhaust upgrade, he can give you a base tune for the changes at install. Then after installation start data logging so he can get you a better tune. I think Skip can help you out with more info.
2012 GC SRT8(Being Demonized for more): D1SC Procharger, ProLine Racing built engine, forged pistons and rods, custom supercharger cam, Demon/Fore return fuel system, Kook's, SHR, FTI, ATI, Brembo Sport rotors slotted, hawks, BT goodies, TS LED tails, LED interior, Borla ATAK, Shark Fin, Johan Tuned, Nate & Skip assembled.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Thank you, sir. already shot Skip a PM.

fun times!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and the results and etc.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 AM

All set. LC-1 wideband and trinity heading my way.

Now I will just need to reach out to Johan in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM

wow! my LC-1 wide band was waiting for me when I got home today. Less then 24 hours!

awesome work Skip, greatly appreciated
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM

Hmm Interested to see how this goes.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.