Kooks Needs A Test Jeep For Fitment - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Intake/Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Exclamation Kooks Needs A Test Jeep For Fitment

Kooks is ready to release their header systems for the 2012+ Jeep!

...BUT THEY NEED A TEST VEHICLE FIRST.

Junior at Kooks called me today and asked me to find him a test Jeep for mockup and installation at their Statesville plantation in NC. If you can get your Jeep there, you can be the first to rock out with their top of the line long tube headers and new Green Cat high flow mid-pipes.

Contact Drew at 866-586-KOOK (5665) if you can get there, even if it's on a Saturday, they'll make themselves available. If you are interested, give them a call.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 06:02 PM

Already working with Skip from Demon Performance on this... my wife wants to offer up her 2013 Vapor.
-sold- 2010 Rubicon
The Following User Says Thank You to MTGOAT For This Useful Post:
Mongoose9400 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

Awesome. I spoke with Drew at Kooks who said he just got off the phone with you 5 minutes ago and they were hoping to get you in on Saturday. Thanks for donating up your Jeep!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM

Yep. Spoke with him and got all the details. I then fed it back to the wife. She has a few reservations that she is talking with Drew about since it is her ride. I guess she initially thought they would do a full system from headers on back rather than just the mid-pipes. She is also concerned with the amount of traveling we would do vs. the cost of the project. It is about a 6 hour drive, gas for two vehicles there and back, hotel for drop off and pick up… things that a typical guy wouldn’t care about she brought up.

To be honest, it would almost be more beneficial for us to wait until something is developed and buy it then if you wanted to look at it that way. But she did say she wants to be a part of this and that there is a bigger picture so I guess we will see. I tried to bribe her with a shot at being invited to SEMA but I don’t think she took that serious!

Will keep you posted.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:16 PM

Just finalized everything with Drew at Kooks and we will be heading down next weekend for the R&D process!

Pretty pumped.

It sounds like they will need to do a new set of headers all together. What are your thoughts on seeing if they would do a stepped design? you get the best of both worlds between the 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" headers with better scavenging of each exhaust pulse...

I am going to post this same thing over in the thread I started so don't think you are seeing double.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Kooks Needs A Test Jeep For Fitment

Great to hear things worked out.

My input. Try to keep the cats away from the trans pan this time. I think it shouldn't be an issue with the routing of the WK2 exhaust.

Do whatever design which provides the most power!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM

Leaving in the AM for Kooks. Pretty excited!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,180 Posts
Garage
Nice to hear it getting done. I had a guy lined up for Papa in Dec. but didn't hear back from him.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM

I haven't had any feed back on what style of header to suggest. I am going to lean towards asking about stepped headers. They offer the best of both worlds but will take a bit more time and money to make.

If you guys want I can look into an X pipe for the truck as well. Let me know and I will be sure to ask Drew when we sit down to discuss the details.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Awesome, nice for you to get on it. Sure you and wife will enjoy the ride there and back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.