TB and manifold cleaned, catch can installed - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Intake/Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono392 View Post
Sweet as. Fitting my alloy Moroso one in the next week or so. Want to get the same place fittings as you instead of the ugly rubber hoses. Great to hear of an improvement - Cheers
We can get you the braided hoses to fit the Moroso can and we do ship to Australia. Let me know if you're interested!

As for the dipstick handle, we definitely need to get you a red or black one. Here you go:

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/30012.htm

Shawn | Sales and Support | Speedlogix, Inc.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: shawn@speedlogix.net!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Galvatron-SX For This Useful Post:
Bono392 (01-10-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Noah,

I've had my oil filter leak twice and needed replaced. I'd notice small puddles on the garage floor, sometimes a burning oil smell when driving. Also, looking under the car I could see the oil residue on parts.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Hey Zac,

Had my oil changed yesterday. Tech said it was my oil filter, not the oil cooler again. Great timing for the filter to start leaking, right at 3000 miles. None the less, I hate having to watch for my car to leak. Glad it was just a filter though, cheap and easy fix.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4spdnb View Post
Hey Zac,

Had my oil changed yesterday. Tech said it was my oil filter, not the oil cooler again. Great timing for the filter to start leaking, right at 3000 miles. None the less, I hate having to watch for my car to leak. Glad it was just a filter though, cheap and easy fix.
Seems mine would start to leak at around 2-3k miles on them. The last couple have seemed to be holding up better and no leaks. At least I haven't noticed anything. I would usually smell the burnt oil when parking the Jeep and getting out, or sometimes while stopped at a longer stop light. When I'm getting gas I just pop to hood and check the oil dip stick and other fluids.
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Just got my catch can in yesterday; looks great. Does anyone have a DIY or link on how to clean the manifold and throttle on these vehicles? Would like to know what to do before installing the catch can.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEofSRT8 View Post
Thanks, I'm sure you can find the hoses at speedlogix were I got the catch can from. Please post pics of yours w hen it arrives
Here you go! Moroso catch can before & after in RHD engine bay. Sorry overexposed - still sussing how to use the new camera

Modified the factory solid hose for the moment. Looks neat I reckon, but may consider black traded lines after see how engine bay looks when CAI goes in.

EDIT: Please note that the 'rocker cover' is different on my model to the MY12s I've seen - The front edge slopes down considerably more gradually (& hides the wiring rather than having a cut-out for it), so we needed a spacer to fit the Moroso can kit. Not sure if this is a MY13 change across the board, or just for RHD models, but wanted to let y'all know
RHD MY13 Mineral - "Grey Wolf". 22x10.5 Vertinis | 305/35 Vreds | 20% tint front | Smoked tails | De/Rebadged | Borla S-Type | De-kinked zorst | Eibach Rears | Moroso Catchcan | BWoody CAI awaiting fitment).

Last edited by Bono392; 01-13-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM

Finally got the catch can installed. Took creating some custom spacers to get it pushed out enough away from the cover. Wished they would have shipped some longer spacers.

Anyway, I definitely had oil in the throttle body and manifold. We put our hand in and you could feel it. Didn't have time to remove the manifold to completely clean it. Wouldnt any excess oil just burn off??

Did some high runs afterwards since the computer was reset given we disconnected the battery during the install. It was still pulling some pretty high st knock, max was 12.5 with 3.5 degrees of LT Knock. Not really happy with the knock I keep seeing.

Do you guys think I might need to replace the sparks in case some oil got to them? My advance spark 1 seems to bounce all over the place.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:40 AM

I can't locate the Moroso Catch Can for our 2012 GC STR8. Could you let me know where you purchased it or a part number?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono392 View Post
Here you go! Moroso catch can before & after in RHD engine bay. Sorry overexposed - still sussing how to use the new camera

Modified the factory solid hose for the moment. Looks neat I reckon, but may consider black traded lines after see how engine bay looks when CAI goes in.

EDIT: Please note that the 'rocker cover' is different on my model to the MY12s I've seen - The front edge slopes down considerably more gradually (& hides the wiring rather than having a cut-out for it), so we needed a spacer to fit the Moroso can kit. Not sure if this is a MY13 change across the board, or just for RHD models, but wanted to let y'all know
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlow View Post
I can't locate the Moroso Catch Can for our 2012 GC STR8. Could you let me know where you purchased it or a part number?
G'day. Would happily share, but I bought is used off a forum member 'firetruck' with no part numbers included - You could try PM'ing him, even though sold his SRT. Good luck! Deano
PS - He kindly supplied this image which shown the different 'valve cover' design between his US MY12 an my Oz MY13 FWIW...
Click image for larger version

Name:	021 (Medium).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	26745Click image for larger version

Name:	022 (Medium).JPG
Views:	10
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	26746

Last edited by Bono392; 01-16-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.