Transmission Issues - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK2 SRT8 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your WK2 SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barish93 View Post
Sorry to post in an old thread, but today i noticed that i was getting some bad slip from the trans. One time i was going up a hill and using the paddles and there was just no power for some reason. I downshifted all the way to 2 and was close to full throttle and i barely made it up the hill. After i stopped the car it acted fine for awhile. On my way home, a deer ran across the road, and i slammed on the brakes and when i pushed the accelerator down nothing happened for a good 2-3 seconds. I let off and went back on it again and it was all fine. Any suggestions on what to do.
Sounds just like my issue. I'm not sure it's the actual trans slipping, or if it's the computer and throttle. Does the engine race when you push on the acclerator? Mine does not.

As of this date, I still have not found a solution. Mine only happens occasionally but I still want it fixed. I had a pedal relearn and that seemed to fix it for a few months, but now the problem is back.

My suggestion? See if your dealer will put a recording device on the Jeep and see if you can "capture" a recording of the computer when it happens.

Keep us posted, I'll do the same if I find anything.
20% Tint, De-badged doors, Billet catch can, SRT front badge
Previous car CTS-V sedan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
Sounds just like my issue. I'm not sure it's the actual trans slipping, or if it's the computer and throttle. Does the engine race when you push on the acclerator? Mine does not.

As of this date, I still have not found a solution. Mine only happens occasionally but I still want it fixed. I had a pedal relearn and that seemed to fix it for a few months, but now the problem is back.

My suggestion? See if your dealer will put a recording device on the Jeep and see if you can "capture" a recording of the computer when it happens.

Keep us posted, I'll do the same if I find anything.
I'm going away next week and I'm leaving the jeep with the dealer for the week for them to sort it out. Hopefully they can find something. But knowing them I will get the "could not replicate the problem" answer.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I'm going away next week and I'm leaving the jeep with the dealer for the week for them to sort it out. Hopefully they can find something. But knowing them I will get the "could not replicate the problem" answer.

Yup, that's what you'll get. If you push for the recorder, at least you can record what the computer is doing when it happens next.

Good luck, keep me/us posted.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Do either one of you guys have the trinity? I have been logging different things and depending on how sensitive I have the throttle booster I get the same result, in the log you can see the throttle position and pedal position change even when my foot is to the floor. I have it set at 5% now and all is good. No issues, not able to move the pedal and not accelerate, no movement of the sensors while at WOT. I had issues in the logs even on the stock tune just fyi

PB: 8.05@85.25 1/8 mile

Last edited by A.V.GCSRT8; 12-31-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.V.GCSRT8 View Post
Do either one of you guys have the trinity? I have been logging different things and depending on how sensitive I have the throttle booster I get the same result, in the log you can see the throttle position and pedal position change even when my foot is to the floor. I have it set at 5% now and all is good. No issues, not able to move the pedal and not accelerate, no movement of the sensors while at WOT. I had issues in the logs even on the stock tune just fyi
I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

Yours may like it in a different % so try different ones. That got rid of my hesitation after launch as well
Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM

I had a similiar trans shifting/slipping issue with my wife's SRT8 GC. Our local dealer called worked with the SRT8 engineers and they changed out the valve body about 30 days ago. So far, so good. Hope you get your issues resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronman For This Useful Post:
Kadonny (01-14-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM

Interesting... My SRT8 makes clunking noises (in the rear) when I go over bumps. Since I've had it (3 1/2 months) the dealer has had to replace the sway bars, cv axel (leaking), clips that hold the bumper & quarter panel siding on, paint job (yes there was a paint flaw in my brand new SRT8) and now it's clunking - a lot. I drove another SRT8 on the lot because someone from Chrysler said it was normal and this SRT8 was as 'quite as a church mouse.' Pretty disappointing for a $64K car. Looking for a better resolution then that's normal.

Last edited by denver; 01-05-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: adding specifics
Old 01-14-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Nope, no Trinity. Stock tune here.

I always wondered if the problem could be tuned out. Interesting. My Jeep has been having this problem more and more lately.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Just remembered this post haha. Gave it a try and now everything is perfect. I originally had it set to 15% and that's when the issues started to come up. Now I put it back to stock throttle setting and all is well. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.