BWoody sway links; Anyone done these yet? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Suspension/Driveline Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Did not get a chance to install yet, aiming for this Saturday (1/5/13). Will update ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

They are on, I would say they make a BIG difference, just like the WK1 in that it helps dramatically reduce the tendency for the Jeep to track every gap and low spot on the road. I would say well worth it!

More to come with pics as soon as I can get back to my laptop, probably tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPYOU View Post
I would say they make a BIG difference, just like the WK1 in that it helps dramatically reduce the tendency for the Jeep to track every gap and low spot on the road.
Please 'splain more on how to describe the difference before and after (pls elaborate). Trying to understand the noticeable difference with this mod. Sorry for being dense...Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
They are on, I would say they make a BIG difference, just like the WK1 in that it helps dramatically reduce the tendency for the Jeep to track every gap and low spot on the road. I would say well worth it!

More to come with pics as soon as I can get back to my laptop, probably tomorrow.
Glad you're liking the mod, did you get it with the grease nipples on it, or without?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Here is a little more information....

These have the zerk fittings and I found it easier to grease the links before putting them on. The WK1 links did not have fittings and would tend to squeak. The fronts are side specific, so take your time and make sure you have the correct one for the correct side.

As for the handling, with four 12" wide tires on the WK2... the Jeep tends to track ridges or low spots in the road as well as expansion joints on the freeway. With the new links, this has been greatly reduced. Is it completely gone, no... but 80% reduced. Again, well worth it.

Any specific questions, let me know.

Front

Rear

Last edited by JEEPYOU; 01-06-2013 at 11:06 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JEEPYOU For This Useful Post:
A.V.GCSRT8 (01-06-2013), DarKngt (01-07-2013), PSU SRT (01-14-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Looks about time for me to get another grease gun.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:05 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Here is a little more information....

These have the zerk fittings and I found it easier to grease the links before putting them on. The WK1 links did not have fittings and would tend to squeak. The fronts are side specific, so take your time and make sure you have the correct one for the correct side.

As for the handling, with four 12" wide tires on the WK2... the Jeep tends to track ridges or low spots in the road as well as expansion joints on the freeway. With the new links, this has been greatly reduced. Is it completely gone, no... but 80% reduced. Again, well worth it.

Any specific questions, let me know.

Front

Rear

Any updates after some time with them?
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.