well its about that time for a review, and thanks again for all the compliments
at first, i was amazed by the look of this truck. its a beast, its gorgeous, and its mean. its everything i wished the WK1 was, luxurious and fast. upgraded seats and interior is a perfect combination. the seats do not compare to the WK1, and the interior sh!ts on it too, lol. i've only had it for 2 days, and im so impressed. lets begin.......
1. the tires are sooooooooo soft, and drive like a dream. the dealer hooked me up with a set of PZeros for free, cuz it was the only truck he could get with all my specs, and i told him i didnt want to pay an additional $800 for them. in reality, i should have, cuz they are worth it. tight corners, bumpy roads, those things can conquer anything. im trying not to drive hard, cuz i only have like 200 miles on it, but i'll let loose eventually
2. remote start - i was pleasantly surprised this morning to walk into my truck, after remote starting it, to find that the butt warmer and the steering wheel warmer were turned on. though i believe the butt warmer worked that way in my 2010, its much more of a subtle warmer than the 2010 was. i think my old one was too intense, i would have to use level 1 warmth instead of level 2
3. the forward collision warning turned on this morning, another pleasant surprise. someone slammed on their brakes in front of me this morning on the highway, and my dash board flashed "BRAKE" with warnings. the music turned off and all you heard was a warning sound. great feature
4. the rims have grown on me. maybe its the combination of the rims and the PZeros, but i love them. in the future, i may go for the Vossen CV3s for a summer rim and tire combo, but in the meantime, i think im good with these.
5. i love carbon fiber, and the accents that this truck has are exactly what i would have done to my 2010. the seats are amazingly comfortable too. also, there is sooooo much more room in the truck. i had my 6'3" friend in the front seat, and my 6' friend in the back seat, and they both have a few inches at the knees. before, one would be comfortable, and the other would be squished.
6. blind spot monitoring is a cool feature too. i like knowing its there, even though i ignore it now. im not used to it yet, but when i do, i will utilize it alot more. i still completely turn my head when changing lanes sometimes
7. power liftgate is cool. i wish it opened up a little higher. i'm 6', which is standard height, but the top of my head hits the corner of the liftgate. i believe the 2010s liftgate went higher
8. reclining rear seats are cool too, especially for long drives. tho i'll never be in the back seat of my own car, its good to know that they will be as comfortable as i am back there
9. pano roof is great. i wish the sunroof was a light bigger tho, but other than that its cool
i think i pretty much covered everything i love about this car as of day 3. overall, i'm very satisfied with the truck. i dont think i compromised at all with it. i feel like i got a good deal on my trade in, and a good deal on the new one. i probably couldve gotten a better deal, but my SRT bonus cash was running out, so i had to purchase before today.
i give it an A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
nothing major, only minor aesthetics i think for now
1. gloss black alpine emblem kit. also going to paint the rear brow body color and install a black JEEP emblem from the kit
2. catch can
3. lockpick - for me, this is a must. i need to disable navigation security, its so annoying not being able to control or enter an address unless the truck is stopped. most likely going to install the front camera again also.
4. i may wrap all the chrome in glass black vinyl
5. i may eventually buy a trinity, but thats not on my immediate purchase list
6. ordered a set of weathertech mats
7. order a pop up license plate holder, i dont want to drill into the front of my bumper this time
8. i may upgrade the lights on the truck. the fogs and the DRLs are too yellow for me
Last edited by ParryErmo; 01-02-2013 at 11:14 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ParryErmo For This Useful Post:
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.