New owner for 6 hours before first major failure - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasco20 View Post
I would hit up Ralph on twitter and tell him about your experience.... The dealers are suppose to take care of SRT customers.
I'll happen to be seeing Ralph next month. I'll be sure to have a quiet, but serious conversation about this.

The reason they need to keep he car is because the odometer is part of the EVIC. They need to order a new EVIC with the exact same miles in it.

I asked if they could overnight the part, and the answer was no.

The dealer is part a pretty huge corporation called California Superstores. My local dealer is one of those as well as the one I purchased the car from.

I do love the car. It's one of the best looking cars on the road, and one of the best performing SUVs on the road. It's easy to drive, and even easy to park. It has all the luxury of a luxury car, yet performs nearly as well as a sports car. It has a lot more utility than a CTS-V wagon and is nearly as fast.

January 2nd when everyone is back to work, I'll call the general manager at the local dealer and see if he is willing to solve the problem, or if I need to make a dozen phone calls to corporate.

thanks for you input.
~Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Senior Contributing Member

I would call up SRT ASAP. Thats BS about the whole situation. Sorry about the situation but Im sure you will love it once everything gets done.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 AM

Not true brohime my dealership will get you a rental car while its in the shop. It depends on the dealership and how they wanna treat ya. Demand to speak with the owner of the dealership if you bought it there and throw a freaking hissy fit and tell him whats up!!! That will get some results. I had a 2010 Shelby with a bad head that needed to be replaced and they tried to kick me out the door without a ride so i blew a gasket and demanded to go up the chain till I got what I wanted needless to say I got a ride 20 min later.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,130 Posts
Garage
The mileage is recorded in the PCM, not the EVIC. It's just displayed on the EVIC.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Exactly! My wife's 2005 Non-Warrantied Chevy Truck had a heating and air electrical problem and her dealership gave her a free 2011 Cadillac to drive for nearly two weeks. You need to loose that stupid dealership or talk to someone with authority who will work towards your complete satisfaction.

If it's Cheap and Reliable it aint Fast
If it's Cheap and Fast it aint Reliable
If it's Fast and Reliable it aint Cheap

Last edited by SPEEDDEMON; 12-23-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:08 PM

I hope this is a dealer issue. Chrysler should stand behind this if you can't get your truck back to use until the part ships.
1980 Jeep CJ7, in line 6 Restored and for sale

Past Jeeps:
2007 SRT8
1995 Cherokee Country
1997 Cherokee Country (Upcountry)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Its a dealer issue. Mine will give loaners on any overnight service.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
I'll happen to be seeing Ralph next month. I'll be sure to have a quiet, but serious conversation about this.

The reason they need to keep he car is because the odometer is part of the EVIC. They need to order a new EVIC with the exact same miles in it.

I asked if they could overnight the part, and the answer was no.

The dealer is part a pretty huge corporation called California Superstores. My local dealer is one of those as well as the one I purchased the car from.

I do love the car. It's one of the best looking cars on the road, and one of the best performing SUVs on the road. It's easy to drive, and even easy to park. It has all the luxury of a luxury car, yet performs nearly as well as a sports car. It has a lot more utility than a CTS-V wagon and is nearly as fast.

January 2nd when everyone is back to work, I'll call the general manager at the local dealer and see if he is willing to solve the problem, or if I need to make a dozen phone calls to corporate.

thanks for you input.
~Jay
Hope you do let him know.... If no one complains then they will never make these dealers provide better service. Everyone needs to let them know when we have a less than stellar service experience.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM

it's the service industry, they are there to service you.

This is not to be done when it is convenient for them.

You're being taken advantage of.

My only guess is that all their rental/loaner cars are tied up so they can't get one for you.

and it doesn't take a week to change over a pod....
Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM

I called SRT today. They agreed to give me a $30 per day rental. I guess that's better than nothing.

When I see Ralph next weekend, I'll be sure to tell him how it feels to have just spent this kind of money and have to spend an hour on the phone for a rental. Maybe I'll show him the Nissan Versa wich will be my rental.

Once the part is no longer on back order, I'll have them order it. SRT did say they would try to expedite the process, but there are no guarantees.

~Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.