Building Bella_SRT8 - Single Turbo Build - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 General Performance Discussion

WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to R0ck39
Welcome and good luck the build! You will have no regrets going with the single 76MM Turbo. Looking forward to reading up on yours and your wife's progress with this build.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
I would get a set of blue top solenoids or a valvebody for the trans at least. A trans upgrade is inevitable, either one of those will buy you some time.
Appreciate the advice, i will look into this. The transmission is always the weak point in
builds, so any little thing to help it last would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ck39 View Post
Welcome and good luck the build! You will have no regrets going with the single 76MM Turbo. Looking forward to reading up on yours and your wife's progress with this build.
Thanks! looks like your running exactly what she wanted to run. How much boost do you run for street trim? And did you install a meth/water injection?

Demon Performance Turbo kit - made 592whp and 677tq @7.5psi on bone stock exhaust, stock motor, and stock drivetrain
3.31 0-60mph trinity test
11.62 @ 120mph - 1.79 60ft @ 5.5psi

SPECIAL PRICING FOR KITS - CLICK HERE
Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to R0ck39
Thanks! looks like your running exactly what she wanted to run. How much boost do you run for street trim? And did you install a meth/water injection?[/QUOTE]

On the street currently running about 7 lbs on Stock Block and Stock Tranny. Not a daily driver however so I'm not beating on her day in and day out with the stock set up on 7lbs. No water/meth just a big ol intercooler supplied by Stage 6 with the Turbo kit they installed for me. I believe they sell that intercooler on it's own if you were interested just hit up Harrison. Not a lot of guys on here running water/meth and off the top of my head the only guys who are I believe are all supercharged Jeeps. A lot of great people on the forum so any questions you have just ask away and they will be answered though it looks like you are on the right track already!!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Awesome! Thanks for the info. So far everyone has been great i am very impressed with the crowd. even talked to the wife about possibly trading mine in for a jeep haha. Who knows. The wife doesnt beat the snot out of the car like i would as a daily driver so i am hoping the trans can last the few trips at the track for her.

We will be adding meth purely as a safty setup for the pistons. Really helps cool everything internally and cleans everything up. I dont tune for it to gain maximum benefit, just more of a way to protect everything a little bit. Even though i picked up about 60-70whp purely by adding it without a tune.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCK SS View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the info. So far everyone has been great i am very impressed with the crowd. even talked to the wife about possibly trading mine in for a jeep haha. Who knows. The wife doesnt beat the snot out of the car like i would as a daily driver so i am hoping the trans can last the few trips at the track for her.

We will be adding meth purely as a safty setup for the pistons. Really helps cool everything internally and cleans everything up. I dont tune for it to gain maximum benefit, just more of a way to protect everything a little bit. Even though i picked up about 60-70whp purely by adding it without a tune.
He'll yeah. Get a jeep throw a stroker on it and then get an 88!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
All work done at KING MOTORSPORTS

RIP RoKDoG

My Jeep... http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=62004
Old 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

haha do you know how tempting that is? the fact alone i can not drive my car in the winter and the constant battle for traction. That would all be gone.

But we will take it one step at a time. At least i have one to play with now... we will see what the future holds
Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn1 View Post
Don't buy Stillen covers. You are local so have DC Customs paint you a set of headlights.

He PM'd me about pink halos.....but since I see now her Jeep has OEM HIDs, I can make them glow pink like the projector here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheldonCooper View Post
Where is DC Customs and how much do they charge for smoking the headlights?

Also, what do they charge for HID installation?
We've never smoked any headlights. We open them up, paint the insides and reseal...plus do any other cool stuff you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
what supporting mods are needed for the PTE76 ? and what are the power gains? i do alot of business with pte and up until now was considering a blower.
Why does this not surprise me with you? I thought you were leaving it stock-ish? You're worse than me, LOL.
Challenger Hood-Flat Black Wheels-Tinted LED Tails/etc-Kicker-Eibach/RM-Bwoody Links-90mm TB-P&P Intake Manifold-ProCharger D1SC-PPP Pro Series Stage 1 Cam-PSI Springs-American Racing Headers-Mopar Exhaust-5" Tips-JerseyBoy CMR Tune-Trinity w/AFR-80lb Injectors-Fore Rails-Wilwoods-SHR Trans-FTI Performance Convertor-ATI Flexplate-Stage6 Dual Pumps-BT CC & Underhood-R1 Cryo'd Rotors

Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Supporting Vendor

She said she likes it. PM sent back. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Sweet man, bet the wife loves it!!! Keep the pics posted and enjoy the modding along the way
Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYCHIKS View Post
Sweet man, bet the wife loves it!!! Keep the pics posted and enjoy the modding along the way
Loving it is an understatement. She has been talking about this truck for over 3 years now. Never thought she was going to actually own one. Now that she does she is finally getting into "modding"

She was asking what a turbo/supercharger would do for her times and i told her she might be able to run mid to high 11's... She wasnt happy and informed me she wants to run 9's haha... looks like i might have to see if John wants to trade for a stocker. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.