need help with cam install - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Those timing marks need to be dead on. It'll throw a code even if its half a tooth off. You'll get a code if you can get it to 3000RPM or if it runs long enough to get to operating temp.
Did you make sure all the pushrods were seated properly?
All the fuel injectors connected?
Vac. line from the back of the manifold reconnected to brake booster?
If you have a predator or other tuner, try raising the idle RPM by 100-150.
Definitely get a CMR tune form JerseyBoy or Johan.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM

I got it running to today,the timing was right.I had to have a tune,got it from johan.Now I have lifter noise.does anyone know how long does it take for them to pump up?thanks for everybody's help!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEORIASRT View Post
I got it running to today,the timing was right.I had to have a tune,got it from johan.Now I have lifter noise.does anyone know how long does it take for them to pump up?thanks for everybody's help!
How severe is your noise? Is it terrible or simply more noticeable? Did you change your pushrods or still using the stock rods?

Good job getting the running/tune issue resolved.
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:59 PM

Change them to manley pushrods. kinda loud on the drivers side.I only had it running for about 3 or 4 min. today.still need to button some stuff up.I might take the valve cover on that side off .didn't know if it took a while for the lifters to pump up?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,033 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEORIASRT View Post
Change them to manley pushrods. kinda loud on the drivers side.I only had it running for about 3 or 4 min. today.still need to button some stuff up.I might take the valve cover on that side off .didn't know if it took a while for the lifters to pump up?
Same thing happen to me and it turned out to be that a pushrod was not in place..... Your on the right track....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.