Please help. Problems after K&N installation - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:18 PM

I'm thinking you may have damaged the IAT sensor somehow. I also support the "get a Predator" line of thought, especially since you are in a remote area. Hope you get it figured out!
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. Especially about the "learning" of the engine that does not know about the new intake-system yet.

The predator system sounds interesting, but i fear that this requires lots of technical knowledge that I don't have.

I also didn't know about the 4000 RPM limitation. So once the car went back to the road I will see how it works an let you know.

Thanks again to all replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Major Contributing Member

That's what we are here for ! If it wasn't for threads like this, we would all be at the dealer time after time.

As for the pred. its actually a very simple tool - you just plug it into the OBDII adapter ( located near your hood release latch - LH foot well area ) and turn your key to the on position. A menu pops up asking if you want to do things like, install a tune or read engine codes. it already has basic tunes loaded in, so all you need to do is click it and wait for the computer to accept the update.. another cool feature is you can load custom tunes which allows experienced tuners the ability to pull every bit of performance out of your vehicle !! these are just a few of the basic features of hand held units.

you can find them used for around $200 if memory serves. Again, its not at all necessary to have one, but it will help with little headaches down the road : )

keep us updated !
08' Sierra Denali - 6" BDF Lift

Last edited by AROD; 12-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AROD For This Useful Post:
hotrodcalvert (12-12-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 03:13 PM

That was it.
I cleaned the sensor and disconected the battery (and pumped the break). Now there is no more light on the dashboard of the engine.

Thanks to you all! It was really a great help!
The Following User Says Thank You to SRT8-Brazil For This Useful Post:
hotrodcalvert (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 PM

Glad to hear it all worked out ! - always a relief when it's an "easy" fix
The Following User Says Thank You to AROD For This Useful Post:
hotrodcalvert (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 PM

Garage
Nowadays, fuel injection is smart enough and advanced enough to compensate for a minor mod like a cold air intake, assuming all the sensors are working properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.