Solo Performance Mach XJ3 Catback Exhaust for 2006-10 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 - Page 26 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Supporting Vendors > Solo Performance

Solo Performance

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

I did a full sound deadening job on my old car, inside the cabin and in the trunk. it took me two days, but it was well worth it because it made my stereo sound twice as good and much cleaner! Taking the time to get those little areas always pays off...most of the time, the rattles are coming from there. Great job and thanks for the post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike05V View Post
Here's some info on installing the sound deadening........

That's it. I think if you ordered the 50 sq.ft of Ultimate you'd have enough to do more of the cargo floor and the doors if you wanted to tear into all that
Awesome work. Do you think that Ultimate and Vcomp could be applied in the foot wells/and under the rear seat area as well? Not sure if that 1/2" (approx.) can be accommodated under the carpet in those areas.

Also, anyone think about adding some additional materials on the underside where the x-pipe muffler is? Will one of these dampers with heat shield actually work down there? Couldn't hurt to double up on that for more sound/vibration reflection.

***For the time being I have about (4) moving blankets neatly laid in the rear cargo area. That seems to have helped a bit.

I do notice that there is an unfortunate 'sweet' spot for this obnoxious in cabin noise at crusing speeds. And that appears to be right in the driver seat location. If I move my head closer to the windshield or to the right by the passenger or rear it is deadened substantially. I think the interior acoustics are 'focusing' the sound right at driver's head location.....

Last edited by sandsrfr; 11-13-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike05V View Post
......Material I used is: http://b-quiet.com/.....
FYI, I found a 10% off coupon code for b-quiet if anyone else is going to do this also and doesn't hit the $300/15% off promo they have going on their site. Enter: CCA in the coupon box for 10% off

Last edited by sandsrfr; 11-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsrfr View Post
Awesome work. Do you think that Ultimate and Vcomp could be applied in the foot wells/and under the rear seat area as well? Not sure if that 1/2" (approx.) can be accommodated under the carpet in those areas.

Also, anyone think about adding some additional materials on the underside where the x-pipe muffler is? Will one of these dampers with heat shield actually work down there? Couldn't hurt to double up on that for more sound/vibration reflection.
Definitely could do it under the seat and footwells in the rear. I just placed another order for more Ultimate and Vcomp (thanks for the coupon code!) and I plan to do both under the seat as well as add the Vcomp to the rear hatch as I was saying above.

If you put the Ultimate right above where the xpipe/muffler is (on the inside) that should soak up the vibration. I plan to put some there.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Anyone notice the exhaust system quiet down after break in? I think mine has quieted down some, but it could just be me getting used to it. Overall I'm really impressed with the sound of the exhaust. My only gripe is that the exhaust is pretty noticeable on the highway as I typically cruise at 80 mph @ 3k rpm.

2007 Jeep GC SRT8 - Blackend
2005 300C SRT8 - Silver
2001 Dodge Viper GTS - Race Yellow on 360 Forged
Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM

For alignment problems. What I did was loosen the clamps just enough to get movement. Have someone else help you. Have that person push up on the passenger side by using the J-pipe. Then tighten it. Make sure that person pushes as hard as they can while u tighten it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

Excellent hints!!! After the full break in, you can play with the J pipes to get rid of the noise at 80mph. Some people are more sensitive than others. With a performance exhaust kit, you will hear it more all around because of its free-flowing nature. I have headers, cats, and our exhaust on my Challenger SRT8, and I have not moved the J pipes and I have no drone anywhere. If you do decide to try and adjust the J pipes, make sure both sides are moved equally, and that you mark the starting position with permanent marker. This way, if it gets worse, you can go back to where we preset it for you. Thanks and I hope this helps.

Steve
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

I think mine has mellowed out a bit as well, or else I've just gotten used to it like you said haha. Its definitely loud on the highway around 80mph but it doesnt really bother me anymore. Its funny because when I get into our Durango RT which has a "sport exhaust" from the factory, I cant even hear it and it just sounds so damn quiet lol.

If anyone does adjust the J pipes please be sure to keep us all updated with your results!

Overall very happy with the Solo.

2010 Brilliant Black SRT8
Mopar intake | Corsa exhaust | Trinity | MTX-L wideband | Jersey Boy tuned | BT catch can | BT underhood kit | Eibach springs | BWoody swaybar links | Summer: Bridgestone Dueller HP Sport RF 275/315 on OEM wheels | Winter: Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow RF 275 on satin black reps | R1 Premium Slotted/Cross Drilled rotors | Stoptech pads | DC Customs headlights | TS LED taillights | TS painted moldings |

Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM

I just adjusted my J-pipes yesterday. I remembered that I never did go back and torque all the bolts after initial install. I torqued everything to 50 lb-ft and several of the bolts were relatively loose.

I figured while I was under there I would try adjusting the J's just to see what it did. You can adjust both of them in like 5 minutes or less. I marked the factory position with a sharpie which as 3" from the end cap to the "bump". I then made a mark at 1/2" and 1" out from there. First shot I just slide them in the whole 1" so I'm now 2" measured from the end to the bump.

I like this A LOT BETTER! I always had some loudness (I won't call it drone) right as soon as you dipped into the throttle and up through 2500 rpm or so but it would settle when you let off a bit. Now I don't have any of that and the throttle response seems so much better. Also it pops a bit more on decel which sounds even more bad ass. Overall it changed the pitch to a little higher tone which I like.

I'm sure every Jeep is different so not saying doing the same above will have the same results for anyone else but it's cool to be able to tune your exhaust to your liking.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

AWESOME! Glad it worked out for you! Making them tunable is really something we are proud of!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.