Debit Card # stolen :/ - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Senior Contributing Member

These guys "skim" your cards and is very common not just at atm's but stores and restaurants also. You can actually buy the device on E-Bay its smaller than a lighter, along with blank cards to transfer the "skimmed" card on to blank card. Dont really need the pin# if you have someone you know that works at the mall or any other stores. You just make purchases with the blank card. Sucks that this happened to you.

Btw Brouher House has some great burgers, I know one of the owners "Steve". Very kool bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

Just had my cc info compromised. I keep a very close eye on my statements, it's part of my morning ritual. I bought myself a lovely purse and a pair of shoes for $1600! visa took care of it with no hassel. They asked me if I was in Luxembourg...why no, no I am not lol. I guess they setup paypal accounts to see if the information is legit. At least that's what she told me.
Procharged D-1 @ 8 psi, SHR trans, Wavetrac rear diff, Converter,PWR Cam, kooks headers, Corsa exhaust, fore innovations hat, cf from black ops and dual projector headlights/Fogs from DC Customs. PWR 393 and ? #'s of boost come spring .
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Supporting Vendor

Had that happen to me a few months ago, got a call from USAA's fraud department. Someone had used my debit card to purchase to train tickets in Switzerland. Only about three hundred and I did get my money back but what a pain in the ass
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-Abraham Lincoln, April 4th 1861
Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 PM

I just got a call from Wells Fargo about some fraudulent activity going on with my credit card. Looks like someone charged a little less than $2 at Delta and then tried using it at a Macy's in New York. Lucky Macys has some kind of fraud preventative that denied this persons swipe...dumbass. Card is now cancelled and they're sending me a new one.

...The fastest 13 second Jeep.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Have chase also and same thing happend to me in October. They declined some swipes in Oregon and cancelled immediately.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Well, I had two of my credit cards put on hold last night at 3 am... but that was because I was ordering gun parts from about 6 different websites within an hour I knew it was going to happen, Discover sent me an e-mail, I called, verified the charges and was back to ordering in about 4 minutes The Chase visa took a little while longer to release the hold, but all I had to do was follow a verification link from my e-mail.

Credit cards are definitely the way to go as they really work to protect you, even if there is a ton of fraudulent charges. My brother got his Discover # stolen and they took care of it with no hassle to him.

Best way to spend is credit card, IF you make sure you don't spend more in a month than you can pay. The cash back and no fee to hold the card is a no-brainer to anyone with some self-restraint Not to mention you build up your credit score
2010 SRT8: BT Catch can, Carbon Fiber Shorty Ant., LMI Carbon Fiber CAI, Custom painted headlights/side moldings, Passport 9500ix Corvette mounted and direct wired, LED interior, Weathertech floor liners, Trinity w/vent mount, Bwoody sway links, Motivos, JOHAN TUNE! (rev 007 )
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalbin View Post
Well, I had two of my credit cards put on hold last night at 3 am... but that was because I was ordering gun parts from about 6 different websites within an hour I knew it was going to happen, Discover sent me an e-mail, I called, verified the charges and was back to ordering in about 4 minutes The Chase visa took a little while longer to release the hold, but all I had to do was follow a verification link from my e-mail.

Credit cards are definitely the way to go as they really work to protect you, even if there is a ton of fraudulent charges. My brother got his Discover # stolen and they took care of it with no hassle to him.

Best way to spend is credit card, IF you make sure you don't spend more in a month than you can pay. The cash back and no fee to hold the card is a no-brainer to anyone with some self-restraint Not to mention you build up your credit score
I agree with this. I've stopped using my debit card and only use my credit card when Im not handing over Benjamins (or Washingtons). If you use the card properly and responsibly it certainly has some major rewards

2007 Black- 3/8/10-3/28/2011
2008 Black-1/23/2012:
Xenons/Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors/Eibachs/Magnaflow 12687s/QTP Electric Cutouts/Arrington CAI/Johan Tune / Swaybar Links / Bridgestone RFT Duelers 275/315
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Yeah, mine happens like once every two years, annoying as hell...

Always random stuff.

I think last time someone was at wal mart in texas and had two bills for the same amount within 1 second of each other... Come on.
All work done at KING MOTORSPORTS

RIP RoKDoG

My Jeep... http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=62004
Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn1112 View Post
These guys "skim" your cards and is very common not just at atm's but stores and restaurants also. You can actually buy the device on E-Bay its smaller than a lighter, along with blank cards to transfer the "skimmed" card on to blank card. Dont really need the pin# if you have someone you know that works at the mall or any other stores. You just make purchases with the blank card. Sucks that this happened to you.

Btw Brouher House has some great burgers, I know one of the owners "Steve". Very kool bar
i had the zombie burger ... my favorite on the menu lol

steve is the one with the tattoos, correct?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheldonCooper View Post
i had the zombie burger ... my favorite on the menu lol

steve is the one with the tattoos, correct?
Yep, thats Steve. Cruise nights on Thursday's when weather is nice are awesome. My buddy built Steve's bike from the ground up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.