installed my SOLO :) - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Intake/ Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 PM

install was easy it ur good with tools. gotta give them old bolts some WD-40 and some heat from a torch. after that simple as pull out and cleaned up wear the muffler meets the cats. straight forward. had my friend push as hard as he could on the passager side to have it nice and level. Have NOT adjusted the pipes yet. on the expressway it gets loud at like 80/85 plus
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

nice! I have a Solo and am loving it. nice job on your install.

2010 Brilliant Black SRT8
Mopar intake | Corsa exhaust | Trinity | MTX-L wideband | Jersey Boy tuned | BT catch can | BT underhood kit | Eibach springs | BWoody swaybar links | Summer: Bridgestone Dueller HP Sport RF 275/315 on OEM wheels | Winter: Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow RF 275 on satin black reps | R1 Premium Slotted/Cross Drilled rotors | Stoptech pads | DC Customs headlights | TS LED taillights | TS painted moldings |

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Thanks just getting use to it but I love it now more and more

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM

Loving mine too. I did adjust the J pipes as I described in the "big" Solo thread in the vendor section. It's cool because you can tune the thing to how your like it, adjust as you add mods, etc. I have mine setup with the J's slid in 1" from factory location. I get more burble on decel and better throttle response now. This is with Mopar CAI and canned Diablo tune.

I wish I had someone around when I did the install because my left tip sits just a bit higher than than the right. I wonder if I loosed up the connections and put a jack under the right side then tightened if that would work.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM

U might. But an extra person will do it. U kinda have to twist it up little by little . First by the muffler then by the center

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.