few questions... - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Moderator/ Smart Ass
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,101 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubtard View Post
hrmm. So how worried should I be?
Very .
Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 07:48 PM

Brought it into a buddy's shop, Texas Direct Auto wanted me to avoid the dealership and take it to a ASE certified shop. They are writing a estimate for a long block replacement and sending it to TDA, I hope to hear back from them by noon tomorrow. He wanted to send the estimate for the full long block being that there is possible damage to the underside of the head and also, that is what I am pushing for. Also spoke to him and may be able to have him order a performance short block on their dime. But I have a feeling that this will not be a easy task, no matter witch direction it goes. Now it just seems like a bit of a waiting game.

Anyone have any experience with a dealer warranty and if any lawyers had to be involved? I wouldn't mind calling one for some advice.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 AM

Yeah heard back from the douche. he said the dealer warranty caps at 2k. that is a a pretty shit answer. He stated only recourse that is to buy back the jeep from me. and now that it is documented that the extended warranty that I bought will refuse the repair costs beacuse it does not come in effect until 30 days after.

He also stated to me on the phone that the check engine light that was on before I took ownership was a "OLD" code for cylinder 1 misfire? I guess there is a seceret memory bank that stores OLD codes, some one set me straight if this is the case but was a BS statment.

Minnesota Users look here ---->. http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=76233

SRT stands for = Sexy Red Truck
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 AM
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,198 Posts
That sucks man, hope everything works out for you.

Here is a section from wkjeeps about codes.

Erasing codes:

After three good trips the MIL is extinguished and the Task Manager automatically switches the trip counter to a warm-up cycle counter. DTCs are automatically erased following 40 warm-up cycles if the component does not fail again. DTCs can be erased anytime with a DRB III. Erasing the DTC with the DRB III erases all OBD II information. The DRB III automatically displays a warning that erasing the DTC will also erase all OBD II monitor data. This includes all counter information for warm-up cycles, trips and Freeze Frame.

A link to where this came from.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/trouble_codes.htm
Old 11-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lemon law? I'm sure you could also take some sort of legal action

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2007 Silver Jeep SRT8...that's all you need to know
Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Moderator/ Smart Ass
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,101 Posts
Garage
If the light was on before you bought it, he sold you a damaged Jeep. Give it back to whoever you bought it from.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM

yep would love to, but they are refusing to pay return shipping. But hey it's only 1196 miles

have to keep the slander quiet until I get this figured out. I am sure you all assume how I feel about them at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.