"Blown" Jeep Makes Ferrari Seem Sloooooow - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Member Assistance / New Member Introductions / Site Problems > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in to tell us a little about yourself and your car.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM

Welcome to the site. Deff got some cool toys there. Gotta love the silver, the up keep is soooo much easier than most colors. Deff sucks putting toys away for the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 PM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
congrats on the jeep man! Also props on the 430 wheels on the 360, one of our clients recently put some matte black 430 wheels on his giallo modena 360 and it just looks great. Enjoy it here, lots of info and great people to go around!
Supercars are designed to melt ice caps, kill the poor, poison the water table, destroy the ozone layer, decimate indigenous wildlife, recapture the Falkland Islands, and turn the entire third world into a huge, un-inhabitable desert. But, only after they've nicked all the oil.--Jeremy Clarkson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Before putting them in hibernation, you should line em up and see which is quicker.

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
GOING TWIN SNAIL STATUS
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nyjoed
U ever ride tug hill with the sleds?? Welcome by the way. Whips are SICk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

*FIRST JEEP RUNNING F1-A PROCHARGER W/ WASTEGATE ON STOCK BLOCK*
BROUGHT TO YOU BY DEMON PERFORMANCE AND TRUESTREET PEROFRMACE
Old 11-29-2012, 06:37 AM
GOING TWIN SNAIL STATUS
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nyjoed
Wait r u in NY?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjoed View Post
Wait r u in NY?

Nope, car is originally from NY but I am in Mpls, MN. I have heard Tug Hill is a good place to ride, but that's one hell of a tow from MPS to NY ... i've done that trip with a boat (ugh).
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsrt View Post
Before putting them in hibernation, you should line em up and see which is quicker.
Trust me ... the jeep is a lot quicker than the Ferrari in a straightline (0-60, or 1/4 mile). Plus, the "drag race" would cost me a couple of grand worth of clutch wear just to find out my Ferrari got spanked by a "grocery getter". A 360 Ferrari DOES NOT like to be launched. The clutch will take about four or five hard 0 - 60mph launches and then you will be purchasing a new clutch to the tune of about $15k. Ouch! However, if you take it easy off the line the clutch will last a whopping 15,000 miles. I never thought of it but i guess that works out to $1/mile ... what a bargain
Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Spyder out baby!

2002 Black Nissan Maxima SE
DD

1993 Black Camaro Z28, Built N20 Weekend Warrior
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to R0ck39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wright View Post
Trust me ... the jeep is a lot quicker than the Ferrari in a straightline (0-60, or 1/4 mile). Plus, the "drag race" would cost me a couple of grand worth of clutch wear just to find out my Ferrari got spanked by a "grocery getter". A 360 Ferrari DOES NOT like to be launched. The clutch will take about four or five hard 0 - 60mph launches and then you will be purchasing a new clutch to the tune of about $15k. Ouch! However, if you take it easy off the line the clutch will last a whopping 15,000 miles. I never thought of it but i guess that works out to $1/mile ... what a bargain
Nice cars man! Reading your statement above really proved to me how little I know about exoctic cars. I know its a Ferrari but that's one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. I mean I could put two and two together that maintenance and any repairs would be quite a lot more than compared to something like our Jeeps but for the clutch to breakdown that quickly I would have never known. Anyway congrats on the new Jeep she looks great!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ck39 View Post
Nice cars man! Reading your statement above really proved to me how little I know about exoctic cars. I know its a Ferrari but that's one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. I mean I could put two and two together that maintenance and any repairs would be quite a lot more than compared to something like our Jeeps but for the clutch to breakdown that quickly I would have never known. Anyway congrats on the new Jeep she looks great!
Yup, absurd is a good word for the "longevity" of most exotics and that's why most exotics have LOW miles on them. I have 14,000 miles on mine and that's considered by many to be "higher miles" for the year/make. Like you said ... absurd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.