those with painted rear sensor strips - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications

WK1 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a visual enhancement, please discuss it in here.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Major Contributing Member

I used this approach on both the strip and sensors:

Sand, adhesion promoter, self etching primer, primer, primer sealer, color and clear.
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASRT View Post
Sensors just take a part sand down and paint nothing un normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCSRT8 View Post
I used this approach on both the strip and sensors:

Sand, adhesion promoter, self etching primer, primer, primer sealer, color and clear.

good info thanks. my truck is going into the shop to get a new rear bumper cover to replace the one the one that got rear-ended. Since they are transferring the strip over I might just have them paint it then. I need to try and find some rear pics of brilliant black painted strip.

2010 Brilliant Black SRT8
Mopar intake | Corsa exhaust | Trinity | MTX-L wideband | Jersey Boy tuned | BT catch can | BT underhood kit | Eibach springs | BWoody swaybar links | Summer: Bridgestone Dueller HP Sport RF 275/315 on OEM wheels | Winter: Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow RF 275 on satin black reps | R1 Premium Slotted/Cross Drilled rotors | Stoptech pads | DC Customs headlights | TS LED taillights | TS painted moldings |

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

I would paint to match on Brilliant Black.

Mine is satin black.....but my Jeep is silver. And I sprayed it with a rattle can, LOL.
Challenger Hood-Flat Black Wheels-Tinted LED Tails/etc-Kicker-Eibach/RM-Bwoody Links-90mm TB-P&P Intake Manifold-ProCharger D1SC-PPP Pro Series Stage 1 Cam-PSI Springs-American Racing Headers-Mopar Exhaust-5" Tips-JerseyBoy CMR Tune-Trinity w/AFR-80lb Injectors-Fore Rails-Wilwoods-SHR Trans-FTI Performance Convertor-ATI Flexplate-Stage6 Dual Pumps-BT CC & Underhood-R1 WK2Rotors

Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
I would paint to match on Brilliant Black.

Mine is satin black.....but my Jeep is silver. And I sprayed it with a rattle can, LOL.
LOL yea I think paint match is the way to go. It will complete the look with your headlights if I ever get my lazy ass to install them.. They look awesome in my garage right now ... in the box

So from what I read so far it seems the sensors still work fine as long as they are not too dirty. Well that may be a problem with the amount of time I find to wash my Jeep LOL
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvs0302 View Post
LOL yea I think paint match is the way to go. It will complete the look with your headlights if I ever get my lazy ass to install them.. They look awesome in my garage right now ... in the box

So from what I read so far it seems the sensors still work fine as long as they are not too dirty. Well that may be a problem with the amount of time I find to wash my Jeep LOL

Headlights always look better on Jeeps. LOL.

And yep, sensors work fine as long as the paint doesn't start to flake/lift. Easier to properly prep and paint sensors if you pull the strip off the Jeep vs. trying to paint it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.