Squires Turbo Systems - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
RIP Chuck G.
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosting View Post
And he would probably have a hell of a time trying to find someone that would buy a used STS kit for a Jeep. No problem finding a buyer for a used Vortech, Procharger, or Maggy.
You got anything to sell Mike?
190 Blydenburg rd
Islandia, NY 11749
Follow Facebook Christian Hull
Instagram chrishull666

2006 Jeep under construction.........
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosting View Post
And he would probably have a hell of a time trying to find someone that would buy a used STS kit for a Jeep. No problem finding a buyer for a used Vortech, Procharger, or Maggy.
I've never seen one on the market in the last 3 years I've been looking, so either the owners are very happy and they don't sell them, or there aren't that many out there. You'd think with all of the horrible reviews on here from people who know people you'd actually hear from people who actually own these kits, but that simply isn't the case.

Has anyone on this site ever seen the Jeep kit in person, and if so is it still on the truck or did they sell the kit?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAMFR View Post
Fixed it for you dude!
In due time my friend. In due time! Haha!
Stage 6 Turbocharged 6.1L Silver Jeep SRT8. PWR 419 9.5:1 built for boost/ PWR Mean Street Heads/ Ported Intake/AR 90mm/ PWR Turbo cam/ SHR Tranny/ FTI 3200 Stall Converter. Tuned by Jerseyboy 10.54 @130mph on 12 psi on stock bottom end. Stroker #'s coming soon!. Ballin on a budget!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
By the time you're into an STS kit with tuning, fuel, gauges, injectors, installation..... you're basically at our $9K installed price. I understand what you're saying Chris, but you know damn well as I do NO ONE EVER stops there. They always want more.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
$9K installed for an STS kit isnt even remotely close, roughly $7000 cdn and thats including brokerages/shipping and those headaches being accounted for, guys in the states should be able to do it for less as there is usually discounted/cheap shipping and $500+ savings on brokerages

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
I have spent a lot of time on the internet looking at the sts systems. Lots of forums as well. There are a lot of happy customers, especially f-body and corvettes. There are limitations. Chris is right, if all you want is 130+ HP, it works. Not a lot on hemis though. The thought of having the air filters down there scares the sh!t out of me though. 5 pound of boosted air is cool, 5 pounds of boosted water not so much or cruded up filters from our crumby weather here. I still think I would and probably will save the extra scratch for a custom built system to satisfy what I want. The vendors on this forum are proven and I do think you get what you pay for.

11.79@113
2008 Jeep GCSRT8 Procharger D1 SHR Viking and FTI 3200 stall
R1 rotors and stop techs, reso-delete,
Electric exhaust cuts outs
Demonized and tuned by Datoona!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
I've never seen one on the market in the last 3 years I've been looking, so either the owners are very happy and they don't sell them, or there aren't that many out there. You'd think with all of the horrible reviews on here from people who know people you'd actually hear from people who actually own these kits, but that simply isn't the case.

Has anyone on this site ever seen the Jeep kit in person, and if so is it still on the truck or did they sell the kit?
You have not been looking to hard and I am sure that this is what started the interest in this thread:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-GRAND-C...15d365&vxp=mtr
Old 11-27-2012, 05:47 AM

This only recently came on the market. I stopped looking in June when I decided to build my own. I would have bought this in June had I had the chance.

Historically speaking, like since I bought the truck, you could search high and low for turbo + Jeep SRT8 and come up empty handed. Even YouTube is lacking in the STS dept for our trucks. So there just aren't that many out there on the Internet for sale or otherwise.

Thanks for pointing that auction out for me though.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP IN 2014 View Post
You have not been looking to hard and I am sure that this is what started the interest in this thread:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-GRAND-C...15d365&vxp=mtr

That guys reason for selling it sketchy at best. If you don't floor it the truck should drive damn near like stock. I wonder what he broke on it.
Wifes Weekend warrior - 2001 Ford F250 Supercab 5.4 gas motor - SLOW ASS f@#k but reliable
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camuman View Post
That guys reason for selling it sketchy at best. If you don't floor it the truck should drive damn near like stock. I wonder what he broke on it.
Yea, his description is questionable at best. Installed on the truck for only 1 day? OK, sure....
Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFNGAS@TTC View Post
$9K installed for an STS kit isnt even remotely close, roughly $7000 cdn and thats including brokerages/shipping and those headaches being accounted for, guys in the states should be able to do it for less as there is usually discounted/cheap shipping and $500+ savings on brokerages
Hold one second your telling on a kit that has 6k price tag and you get it for 7k shipped including brokerage how is the even possible? You are saying it cost you 1000$ shipping, taxes and brokerage included on a 6k insured package. Can you help me with the breakdown because I can't add that up for the life of me. Shipping 150-200$ easy, brokerage 10-15% of the 6k + taxes how does that equal 7k? Or you don't get taxed because you are in AB?

"Like I said Harz for those guys wanting the turbo sound and an extra 130+ hp... thats what the STS kit is designed for. All the other kits are designed for that and much more but at a much geater cost"

And this is the whole problem with STS who wants crap performance out of a turbo kit? 130hp gain from a 6.1L V8 is pathetic a 4cyl can make those gains N/A lol. That's where it stops the STS customer is looking for cool factor where a TTC or Stage 6 customer actually wants a engineered product. Personally for me I'd kill myself if I bolted on a turbo kit for 6k (which is much more tuning/install isn't free) to make low 500s is just mind blowing and complete irrational. I put on some of there very early corvette kits and the welds we're atrocious not too mention fit and finish which makes no sense because they are sooooo easy to engineer a monkey could do it. Even if the company was just starting out, if I was them in the starting days I wouldn't have released to the public for at least another 6 months to a year to get quality up too par. I can't deal with a company that half asses anything so haven't bother dealing with them after the vette kits no matter how "improved" they are.

Last edited by Egokiller; 12-02-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.