BORLA , rusting away !!!!!! - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Is the rust, or lack of steel, causing the tip misalignment? If so I would say the pipe is compromised and you should have a new one in the mail from Borla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Elite Contributing Member

just to clarify , the sleeves? on the back end where it meets the center have weathered away resulting in the exhaust seperating and flapping about, this has not happened at a weld

in order to fix it my mechanic says he can fabricate new sleeves and weld them on

BUT if he does so it will invadate any warranty , so basically i am stuck untill borla gets back in touch

DEBADGED AND REBADGED , STILLEN HEADLIGHT COVERS , VOLENT CAI , RAM MEDIC HOOD ,,NEFFY WRAPPED INTERIOR,BLACK OPS CARBON FIBER REAR STEP AND FRONT LIP INSERT , MOPAR REAR SPOILER ,BORLA S CATBACK , EBC DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS , VIPER STRIPES ,PAINTED HEADLIGHTS WITH HALOS AND FOG LIGHTS WITH HALOS FROM DC SPECIAL, GLOSS BLACK USA SPEC WHEELS, LOWERED ,TUNED BY JOHAN ,,,,,,TOTALLY UNIQUE IN UK

Last edited by brianm; 11-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

i had an issue with my borla (not with rust, just fitment), they took my info and shipped me a new part asap without asking anything else, great company and service

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
The Following User Says Thank You to LAFNGAS@TTC For This Useful Post:
brianm (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Borla was very helpful with my WK2 exhaust. I was having issues with the exhaust lining up correctly. They shipped a new part right away after I showed them the pics I posted in a thread here. They reimbursed the costs of having the replacement installed as well. They should take care of you no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.