Wideband help - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I have mine running without a gauge
That being said, I was in the same boat and bought an innovate gauge. You can run both if u want.
Shoot me a pm if anyone is interested in it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

9.67@143.2

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Untouchable For This Useful Post:
Knuckles (11-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

exact same setup im running right now (trinity with digi key 2.5mm cable and innovate lc-1) only issue i had was instructions had the yellow/brown wire for which sensor use labeled wrong so it was a narrowband until i undid the input wire from brown to yellow.

easy setup and great overall, i use the lc-1 xd-16 in my car with not 1 problem

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Elite Contributing Member

I went with the MTXL gauge because didnt want to watch a huge trinity screen all the time to monitor AFR. i can still log the AFR using the digikey cable as well... best of both worlds
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,038 Times in 850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
I went with the MTXL gauge because didnt want to watch a huge trinity screen all the time to monitor AFR. i can still log the AFR using the digikey cable as well... best of both worlds
Yup my exact thought... I hate the AFR jumping around all the time on the trinity... Thats why I have both a gauge and the trinity for AFR....
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
I have mine running without a gauge
That being said, I was in the same boat and bought an innovate gauge. You can run both if u want.
Shoot me a pm if anyone is interested in it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
You only running the driver side wideband or are you running the passensger as well bro?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
Yup my exact thought... I hate the AFR jumping around all the time on the trinity... Thats why I have both a gauge and the trinity for AFR....
whatever my MTXL says is what the Trinity says. the MTXL is a digital AFR so it jumps around very fast except when under WOT. very accurate piece of equipment.

i heard its best to run AFR on the drivers side with these things
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
whatever my MTXL says is what the Trinity says. the MTXL is a digital AFR so it jumps around very fast except when under WOT. very accurate piece of equipment.

i heard its best to run AFR on the drivers side with these things
Yeah welll aware the MTX-L is a digital gauge, and I know you can adjust the sample rate of what is outputted from the LC-1. I just like the bigger gauge thats all and like confirmation that my AFR is correct just in case the one wired to the Trinity doe snot look right to me. I know you can also make the gauge you add to your layout on the Trinty bigger if you like... After all whats a 200.00 gauge compared to what I could lose if I have thousands of dollars invested in my Jeep when going ForceInduction... Just my 2 cents bro...
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Just got done installing my LC1. As of now my trinity does not have the tables to show the air fuel ration on the screen, diablo is working on that as we speak. BTW I have a WK2. When I bought my LC1 it was only 10 dollars more to add the gauge. I am not sure of the part number. I plan on just using the trinity as my gauge until I put on some kind of forced injection, then I will mount the gauge. Call skip at demon, he will hook you up with the right gauge.

LAFNGAS@TTC, you stated that the yellow and the brown wires were labeled incorrectly. I used the brown wire to hook it up to the trinity... So that is wrong?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconner View Post
Just got done installing my LC1. As of now my trinity does not have the tables to show the air fuel ration on the screen, diablo is working on that as we speak. BTW I have a WK2. When I bought my LC1 it was only 10 dollars more to add the gauge. I am not sure of the part number. I plan on just using the trinity as my gauge until I put on some kind of forced injection, then I will mount the gauge. Call skip at demon, he will hook you up with the right gauge.

LAFNGAS@TTC, you stated that the yellow and the brown wires were labeled incorrectly. I used the brown wire to hook it up to the trinity... So that is wrong?
Depends on when you bought your LC1 as the older ones use the Brown wire for the wideband... Technically you can use the other wire, but you would have to connect your LC1 to a computer and change the function of that other output on the Innovate software. So instead of doing that people should just choose the one that is identified as the wideband wire...

MTX-L: Uses the Analog 1 (Yellow wire) to simulate a wideband
XD-16/LC1 kit: Uses Analog 2 ( Brown wire) to simulate a wideband.

Last edited by Knuckles; 11-20-2012 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Knuckles For This Useful Post:
rconner (11-20-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
You only running the driver side wideband or are you running the passensger as well bro?
Just using the drivers side. Are all the innovate gauges basically the same? Do they just differ in looks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.