My First Space Ship - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Congrats Rhett hope we can meet up at Atco.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I just wanna go fast!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Saw that smile in person!! Glad your loving it. See you in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to R0ck39
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrt8 View Post
Congrats Rhett hope we can meet up at Atco.
Thanks Peter! I look forward to meeting you next week and hopefully meeting at the local NJ tracks from time to time as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskle View Post
Saw that smile in person!! Glad your loving it. See you in a week.

I couldn't stop smiling at VMP haha! Look forward to hanging out with you again at ATCO!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Update: 1,000 Miles and Two MSHS Events

Well as the title of this reply states here is a quick update regarding my build after 1,000 miles and running at two MSHS Events. Don't worry I promise I won't update after every 1,000 miles

As the thread discusses earlier I picked up my Jeep from Stage 6 at VMP and ran the Jeep down the track 7 times which was basically the first thing besides a quick ride down the street upon getting the keys back from Harrison and Stage 6. First runs were on waste gate only all the seats in and on pump gas and I was running in the 12.2's. Turned on the boost controller saw some knock with 93 octane added, took it out, added then Shell URT105 and set a new PB that day at 11.61 @ 119MPH. Got all the logs over to Joel who quickly got me back my revised Tune.

Driving the Jeep on the street I have had zero issues and as mentioned love how it drives "stock" but when I need or want that power the Turbo produces I just give her a little more gas and I'm shoved back into my seat. If you wanted me to come with one issue that I have had since getting my Jeep back the only thing I could think would be how paranoid I was at first driving around the Jeep around as I started paying attention and investigating every little noise I heard. I knew I was making a lot more power and the rest of my Jeep remained stock so everything I heard I would worry was an issue. As mentioned though 1,000 miles and 15 passes down the track later I have had zero issues with my Stage 6 Beast!

So as everyone knows the final MSHS event of 2012 took place a little over a week ago at ATCO Raceway at New Jersey. I took the Jeep there on my Dad's trailer as a precaution in case anything happened with my main concern being the Stock Transmission. I was expecting to run 11.5 and was hoping to maybe see 11.3 at ATCO. Well I beat those goals right out of the gate running a 11.19 on my first pass of the day. After a few runs I turned the boost gauge up 4% on the Boost Controller and then ran an 11.03 followed by my current Personal Best of 10.98 @ 125.46 MPH!! All on a Stock Jeep with a Stage 6 76MM Turbo Kit!! Just ask anyone who saw me at the event after running that pass and they will tell you the smile on my face didn't go away!! Needless to say I am totally hooked as well and cannot wait for next season

So once again let me give a huge shout out and thank you to the entire Stage 6 Crew: Harrison, Dwight, Shrek and Joel who at this point have given me back my Jeep and not only met all my expectations but far exceeded them at this point as well. I could not happier with the product that they have delivered to me!! For anybody considering going this route let me reassure you that you will NOT be disappointed!!

Let me also give a shout to this entire community especially those who I have met along the way who have helped me get to this point and helped me find this new passion!

Until the next date update thanks for reading!!
The Following User Says Thank You to R0ck39 For This Useful Post:
cmn1  (11-20-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Live For Today!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ck39 View Post
Well as the title of this reply states here is a quick update regarding my build after 1,000 miles and running at two MSHS Events. Don't worry I promise I won't update after every 1,000 miles

As the thread discusses earlier I picked up my Jeep from Stage 6 at VMP and ran the Jeep down the track 7 times which was basically the first thing besides a quick ride down the street upon getting the keys back from Harrison and Stage 6. First runs were on waste gate only all the seats in and on pump gas and I was running in the 12.2's. Turned on the boost controller saw some knock with 93 octane added, took it out, added then Shell URT105 and set a new PB that day at 11.61 @ 119MPH. Got all the logs over to Joel who quickly got me back my revised Tune.

Driving the Jeep on the street I have had zero issues and as mentioned love how it drives "stock" but when I need or want that power the Turbo produces I just give her a little more gas and I'm shoved back into my seat. If you wanted me to come with one issue that I have had since getting my Jeep back the only thing I could think would be how paranoid I was at first driving around the Jeep around as I started paying attention and investigating every little noise I heard. I knew I was making a lot more power and the rest of my Jeep remained stock so everything I heard I would worry was an issue. As mentioned though 1,000 miles and 15 passes down the track later I have had zero issues with my Stage 6 Beast!

So as everyone knows the final MSHS event of 2012 took place a little over a week ago at ATCO Raceway at New Jersey. I took the Jeep there on my Dad's trailer as a precaution in case anything happened with my main concern being the Stock Transmission. I was expecting to run 11.5 and was hoping to maybe see 11.3 at ATCO. Well I beat those goals right out of the gate running a 11.19 on my first pass of the day. After a few runs I turned the boost gauge up 4% on the Boost Controller and then ran an 11.03 followed by my current Personal Best of 10.98 @ 125.46 MPH!! All on a Stock Jeep with a Stage 6 76MM Turbo Kit!! Just ask anyone who saw me at the event after running that pass and they will tell you the smile on my face didn't go away!! Needless to say I am totally hooked as well and cannot wait for next season

So once again let me give a huge shout out and thank you to the entire Stage 6 Crew: Harrison, Dwight, Shrek and Joel who at this point have given me back my Jeep and not only met all my expectations but far exceeded them at this point as well. I could not happier with the product that they have delivered to me!! For anybody considering going this route let me reassure you that you will NOT be disappointed!!

Let me also give a shout to this entire community especially those who I have met along the way who have helped me get to this point and helped me find this new passion!

Until the next date update thanks for reading!!
Happy for you Rhett! and so happy you were smarter than me and brought a trailer. cant thank you enough for what you did.

Jerseyboy Tuning

Paramount Performance

The First STAGE6 Twin Turbo Jeep And First Jeep With TWINS UP FRONT!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
don't apoligize for updates. keep'em coming. It's great to see you are running strong and trouble free. A testament of a great build. Is that last run a stock block, stock trans record?

11.79@113
2008 Jeep GCSRT8 Procharger D1 SHR Viking and FTI 3200 stall
R1 rotors and stop techs, reso-delete,
Electric exhaust cuts outs
Demonized and tuned by Datoona!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8_Paratrooper View Post
Happy for you Rhett! and so happy you were smarter than me and brought a trailer. cant thank you enough for what you did.
Not a problem at all Ryan and it was great meeting you. Glad I was able to help you out and I hope to hear the updates regarding your Jeep soon. I am sure the team you had build your Jeep and Jim will take good care of you. Stay safe overseas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadboy View Post
don't apoligize for updates. keep'em coming. It's great to see you are running strong and trouble free. A testament of a great build. Is that last run a stock block, stock trans record?
Thanks man! As far as records go a couple of people mentioned that I may have both records but I really never really looked much futher into after that. Whether I have the records or not I am extremely happy with the times I ran and I am hoping to improve on them next year with a couple of ideas I have for weight reduction as well as picking up some Nitto NT05R's to improve on my 60'. I'm saving up for the tranny and converter now but seeing how well I have done so far stock I don't think I'll make the upgrade until I break something
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 AM

What lbs. boost would you be at turning the controller up 4%?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Turbo Powered
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJeep View Post
What lbs. boost would you be at turning the controller up 4%?
Good question. I'm still very fresh when it comes to all the gauges and everything going on in my car and at ATCO I was concentrating more on my launches as to better my reaction times and 60' times which compared to VMP I crushed! I was also paying attention to my AFR and never really looked up at my boost gauge. At 28% Waste Gate I saw about 7psi on the boost gauge and Harrison said he saw about 6lbs on the log. Therefore I was thinking I was raising the boost about 1 psi by adding 4% so I thought I was going from 6-7psi to 7-8psi but upon a quick review of the log pressures at ATCO, Harrison said he thought I was running at about 9psi. I have not downloaded the logs off of the Trinity and sent them to Joel and Harrison yet but once I do I can follow back up with them to see what kind of boost I was running at 32% Waste Gate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.