LC1 Issues - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Buy an add a circuit harness and connect it to one of the ignition powered fuse.
That's how I did mine and it works great. Didn't have to splice/cut anything.

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Where did you get that? Picture of it?

Last edited by rconner; 11-20-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,154 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rconner View Post
Where did you get that? Picture of it?
Bussmann BP/HHH ATM Add-A-Fuse : Amazon.com : Automotive Bussmann BP/HHH ATM Add-A-Fuse : Amazon.com : Automotive
Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

End of story. I hooked up my laptop to the lc1 to see what was going on after numerous other experiments. The lcd light was not working correctly. When plugged into the computer I could see what was happening. It did its open air calibration and all was good. With it hooked it up I did some recording, along with some dataloggin on the trinity. At WOT I am seeing 12.1/12.2, crusing and ideling 14.5/6. Looks pretty good as of now. This is with the 91 canned tune. I will try it stock, 91, then 93 hopefully tommorrow and then send johan some logs. Diablo is working on getting the trinity to be able to read a/f mixtures as we speak so hopefully soon I can moniter it through the trinity instead of my computer.

If I would of hooked up the computer immediately after my initial install I would of saved about 10 hours and alot of stress!!!!

I will take a pic of the wire I spliced into for the 12 volt power, so it will save the future installers some time. Also I went through the floor panel instead of the firewall. I will include that pic also.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,098 Times in 896 Posts
Quote:
End of story. I hooked up my laptop to the lc1 to see what was going on after numerous other experiments. The lcd light was not working correctly. When plugged into the computer I could see what was happening. It did its open air calibration and all was good. With it hooked it up I did some recording, along with some dataloggin on the trinity. At WOT I am seeing 12.1/12.2, crusing and ideling 14.5/6. Looks pretty good as of now. This is with the 91 canned tune. I will try it stock, 91, then 93 hopefully tommorrow and then send johan some logs. Diablo is working on getting the trinity to be able to read a/f mixtures as we speak so hopefully soon I can moniter it through the trinity instead of my computer.

If I would of hooked up the computer immediately after my initial install I would of saved about 10 hours and alot of stress!!!!

I will take a pic of the wire I spliced into for the 12 volt power, so it will save the future installers some time. Also I went through the floor panel instead of the firewall. I will include that pic also.

Cool glad you got it working man! So your able to record a log with the wideband, but not able to see in in the actual dataviewer program?

Last edited by Knuckles; 11-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
Cool glad you got it working man! So your able to record a log with the wideband, but not able to see in in the actual dataviewer program?
No I had to record the LC1 info on my computer and did a log via the trinity.
If I want to drive around with my computer in my passenger seat I can view the Innovative gauges
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,098 Times in 896 Posts
Quote:
No I had to record the LC1 info on my computer and did a log via the trinity.
If I want to drive around with my computer in my passenger seat I can view the Innovative gauges
Oh ok got ya... Yeah something is definitely up then.....
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

rconner did you have the bung welded in and did the rest of the install yourself?

Question: Any guys ever use on of these?
http://www.aemelectronics.com/no-wel...nt-3-inch-1175
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
rconner did you have the bung welded in and did the rest of the install yourself?

Question: Any guys ever use on of these?
http://www.aemelectronics.com/no-wel...nt-3-inch-1175
Yes my mechanic friend welded it in for me and I did the rest. If I would of known what I know now before I started the install it would of taken me 2-3 hours, instead of 24 hours. I can walk you through anypart you need help on. Considering I had half of my jeep apart. I am planning on posting some kind of cheater post on this install after the holiday's, but until then if anybody has any questions shoot me a call four 1 zero 4 three 0 2 zero zero 2.

Zac, I thought about using one of those I saw in Jegs, but it worried me and it looks like crap. And that is what it cost me to get it welded in. On my Wk1 you could drill and weld it in place. On the WK2 you have to remove the section of exhaust where you want the sensor. There is not to many places on the stock exhaust to put one. If you plan on getting headers it might be eaiser. But until somebody gets some and does it who knows, there is not alot of room under there and there are other wires and sensors all over. Let me know if you need anything. Now I can finally do some real datalogging and tweak this biotch!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

I'm just gathering info for now. I won't have the time to install a wideband on my Jeep until around the end of the year. I'll be away on business until then, though I'm flying home tomorrow for a couple days. I'm going to try and swing by the local performance shop in Albuquerque tomorrow and see what they say. I'm thinking I may go with AEM, but not sure yet. I've been reading up on various widebands and setups when I have down time at work. The local shop offers AEM and is running specials on them. I'm thinking I may just have them do the whole install for me for the convenience. I'm also debating putting in a dedicated A/F gauge, but would need to figure out a mounting solution I like.

You have some good info and I appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing your install pics when you get it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.