BullyDog Triple Dog vs DiabloSport InTune - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSlayerMA View Post
If you don't have patience for this stuff, you might want to leave it stock then. Anytime you add aftermarket products, there is a chance that things wont go perfectly. There hasn't been a single thing I've done to my Jeep that went without some sort of issue.....whether it be right away, or down the road. Thats the nature of this game. You have to be willing to work through the problems, and the downtime.

I have a Trinity, and for the most part it works well....as long as you don't leave it plugged in while the truck is sitting for long periods of time.....or it drains the battery. I did have it reset on me one day, and flash my factory tune back in when I tried to adjust fuel. I had a custom cam at the time, and it didn't run too well on the stock tune....but I made it home.

Bully Dog specializes in diesel performance, so I doubt they have extensive experience tuning gas vehicles, let alone a Jeep SRT8. I wouldn't even consider it an option.

Maybe I should have worded it differently, I do have patience, actually an awful lot of it most of the time, but it gets very short when things do not work as they should, predicated on their advertised claims, Plug 'n Play, etc, etc.

And as noted, the chap I had trying to help me out is very experienced in all the newer tuning technologies, but even he couldn't get a handle on it.

Now, before shooting the messenger, see the post that HARRISON@STAGE6 put up right below yours. Even he, whom we have determined has a lot of experience with this sort of device, has stated that there seems to be, or possibly may be, an issue with the '07 Magnums, which mine is and the Trinity. This is the first time that I have seen anyone state that there could be a vehicle specific problem with that product, so maybe I'm not so stupid? What do you think?

Anyways, thanks to all for your input and feedback, it is greatly appreciated. So, now my decision is somewhat lined up; forget the Bully Dog and look to Diablosport, Trinity or InTune, hoping for the best either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
As a few others have mentioned, there really is no other option for properly tuning these vehicles besides a Trinity or inTune.

I'm not here to beat up any of my competitors products, but I'm surprised that you even found someone that suggests the BD to you, as I do not even see them discussed here or on any of the HEMI based forums.
If you are thinking procharger (or even just longtubes), you'll absolutely need one of our tuners to bring it all together and to get the most out of the mods you add to the vehicle.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Thanks
Thanks for the input Mike. I do have some questions so could you please PM me your contact phone number.

The other Mike........
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

you can reach us at 561-908-0040x1.

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Definitely a Trinity connected to a Innovative Lc-1
A must if your going to mod IMO
I takes a while to get used to but once you get it ,its the next best thing to sliced bread
And for the record I not that tech savy.
My .02
Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike05V View Post
The inTune is a POS little device (I have one) but it gets the job done. I find Diablos support top notch so I re***mend the trinity. Have not heard any issues in the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.*** App
GETS THE JOB DONE. Its pretty inexpensive, and I have never had an issue with mine. Some people are sort of "needy" and cant figure out how to use it or are too lazy to read. As you said, support is excellent. As for the Trinity, I looked at it and decided to go for the InTune. I didnt need a tuner suctioned on to my windshield...lol a bit cheesy. The InTune does data logging and playback during custom tuning etc. and it is perfect for doing what is necessary and the price is right. Its compact and when you are done with it, disconnect and put it in the glove box...till you need it again.

Last edited by rickrad; 11-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Needy, LOL. Loading a tune or data logging ain't exactly rocket science. I guess all the bugs on the initial release and the need to RMA a unit out of the box 5 minutes soured me. Plus it does feel like a POS when you're using it. $389 is better spent toward a Trinity. You're almost there anyway price wise.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrad View Post
GETS THE JOB DONE. Its pretty inexpensive, and I have never had an issue with mine. Some people are sort of "needy" and cant figure out how to use it or are too lazy to read. As you said, support is excellent. As for the Trinity, I looked at it and decided to go for the InTune. I didnt need a tuner suctioned on to my windshield...lol a bit cheesy. The InTune does data logging and playback during custom tuning etc. and it is perfect for doing what is necessary and the price is right. Its compact and when you are done with it, disconnect and put it in the glove box...till you need it again.
The Trinity doesn't need to stay attached to your windshield, use it, disconnect it, put it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike05V View Post
Needy, LOL. Loading a tune or data logging ain't exactly rocket science. I guess all the bugs on the initial release and the need to RMA a unit out of the box 5 minutes soured me. Plus it does feel like a POS when you're using it. $389 is better spent toward a Trinity. You're almost there anyway price wise.
Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
While the intune doesn't feel as substantial as the Trinity, it's far from a POS. I had one of the first ones and I needed to RMA it, but it was replaced no problem. Working fine since.

They are both good tuners and have their respective pros and cons...
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.