Is it the rear end or tranny? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM
hotrodcalvert's Avatar
hotrodcalvert hotrodcalvert is offline
Senior Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paducah, KY
Posts: 907
Thanks: 432
Thanked 156 Times in 132 Posts
Does it do it at any certain time? Our trucks evidently do a self-check on the tranny after startup, been verified by SRT engineers, you will feel a clunk usually upon your 1st or 2nd round of accelerating. Check this:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6428
__________________
Colby

The "Silver Bullet" ---- 2006 Jeep SRT8 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotrodcalvert For This Useful Post:
jumpback (11-18-2012), SRTravis (11-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
jumpback's Avatar
jumpback jumpback is online now
Major Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 423
Thanked 156 Times in 150 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodcalvert View Post
Does it do it at any certain time? Our trucks evidently do a self-check on the tranny after startup, been verified by SRT engineers, you will feel a clunk usually upon your 1st or 2nd round of accelerating. Check this:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6428
Thanks, it does it when i jump on it then slow down quickly?
I read the old post and it just might be possible that this is whats happening?
Thanks again
__________________
~Jeep SRT8~

Last edited by jumpback; 11-18-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 AM
2quic4u 2quic4u is offline
Senior Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 575
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
i get a clunking sound when going from reverse to drive and vice versa. i know there is a tsb out about this for the lx srt8s, but i dont think it applies to the cherokee. they suggest putting loctite on the bolt threads, i have tried this and have had my rear driveshaft replaced. wasnt too bad but now the sound has returned worse. im starting to think valve body? ill have to post a video up. it also clunks at certain times when i hit the gas, like if im slowing down and i tap the gas, it clunks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 2quic4u For This Useful Post:
jumpback (11-19-2012)
  #14  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 PM
jumpback's Avatar
jumpback jumpback is online now
Major Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 423
Thanked 156 Times in 150 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quic4u View Post
i get a clunking sound when going from reverse to drive and vice versa. i know there is a tsb out about this for the lx srt8s, but i dont think it applies to the cherokee. they suggest putting loctite on the bolt threads, i have tried this and have had my rear driveshaft replaced. wasnt too bad but now the sound has returned worse. im starting to think valve body? ill have to post a video up. it also clunks at certain times when i hit the gas, like if im slowing down and i tap the gas, it clunks.
Yeah that is what im up against, it would be helpful to see a vid on what you are talking about?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM
2quic4u 2quic4u is offline
Senior Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 575
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpback View Post
Yeah that is what im up against, it would be helpful to see a vid on what you are talking about?
Thanks
http://s1210.beta.photobucket.com/us...71347.mp4.html

Last edited by 2quic4u; 11-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To anyone with a SHR tranny... RadarJAMMER WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion 6 12-20-2010 02:15 PM
anyone know tranny gear ratios? rear? retro-king WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion 4 10-18-2010 08:50 PM
tranny lag dannyslu2 WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service 1 09-21-2007 07:35 PM
tranny ? Thumpn WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 9 08-15-2007 03:49 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© AutoGuide