"ESP, BAS" Light came on?? - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 AM

I was driving to work in my 06 today (light rain) and had the same thing happen. I drove up a bumpy little hill near work and every symbol on the dash lit up and then turned off after a few seconds leaving just the traction control symbol and the ESP/BAS still illuminated. Parked it and shut it off...turned it immediately back on out of curiousity and it was gone. I really hate to take it back to the dealer since its 2 hours away...ugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

i just started to have this problem as well. it has happened to me about 3 times since thanksgiving. im going to the dealer on monday. I talked to my service adviser on the phone and she said normally its just a wheel speed sensor. after reading this thread it sounds like there is still not clear fix for it so we will see i guess. i checked for any codes with the trinity and it says there are none.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:14 PM

any fix for this yet?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

I had a new clock spring put in and it hasn't come back.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
PORT&POLISHED INTAKE MANIFOLD/ARRINGTON 90MM THROTTLE BODY/3000 STALL/INOVATE WIDEBAND/AMERICAN RACING LONGTUBE HEADERS/6K LOWS & FOGS/SOLO/DMH LOW PROFILE E-CUTOUTS/EIBACH SPRINGS/ADDCO SWAYBARS FRONT&REAR/NITTO MOTIVO 275 315/180 THERMOSTAT/LED TAILS/TINTED REAR FOGS/TRINITY/DORMANT BLUE & BLACK POWDER COATING UNDER HOOD AND CALIPERS
==================================================
Made with Built by

426 STROKER - 6.4L PORT&POLISHED DOMINATOR HEADS - STAGE 4 CAM - MOTOR MOUNTS - REAR CROSS MEMBER - ENDLINKS
==================================================
Tuned by Josh at HHP
552 Max Horsepower - 528 Max Torque

Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage
I have had this problem over 50 times. It used to happen every time I went WOT with my cutouts open. The instant it happened (while I am flying down the highway with the pedal to the metal) my jeep would swerve sideways aggressively. I almost ran off the road at over 100 mph one time... Ever since then I never raced with my cutouts open again, until I got it fixed.

The solution for me was 2 things.
1. Attached turn-down tips onto my cutouts to direct the exhaust flow out the side.
2. Replaced a wheel speed sensor... I found out that a wheel sensor had a hairline crack going down the side of it. Im thinking, hot exhaust gasses blowing on that broken wheel sensor made my awd system go nuts.
Vortech Supercharger + 30tooth Pulley / FRI Street/Strip Heads / FRI Littleboy Cam / Bwoody ported/polished Intake Maifold / SW Headers 1 7/8" + No Cats + DMH Cutouts / Complete Paramount Performance Driveline / Wavetrac LSD / Stage 6 Fuel Hat / KING Dyno tuned + Other Stuff...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/382373...herokee/page-1

Last edited by SCAM; 03-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:45 PM

my problem occured right after I put on the predator 93 octane cai tune. does anyone think the predator could be the culprit?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
I know this is an old thread but yesterday my ESP and traction control light came on for no aparent reason on my 08 GC SRT8. I was driving down the highway, lane changed, and it suddenly came on. If I push the ESP button the traction control light (skidding car) will turn off but the ESP light stays on constantly. Any updates from anyone????
Mine did that on Saturday while we were driving. Later on that evening the lights just went off by themself.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque030 View Post
my problem occured right after I put on the predator 93 octane cai tune. does anyone think the predator could be the culprit?
Nothing to do with the Predator tune as my 300C SRT8 has had the ESP BAS light come on intermittently... now it looks like it is stuck on after the Cam Position Sensor went bad. (Replaced the CPS, but the ESP BAS light is still on.)

Does anyone know if there is a wheel speed sensor on each corner? I hate all the local dealerships here and have had them mis-diagnose issues in the past.

2007 Jeep GC SRT8 - Blackend
2005 300C SRT8 - Silver
2001 Dodge Viper GTS - Race Yellow on 360 Forged
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM

Mine has done that on occasion we I go up an incline, I'm pretty sure its a loose ABS sensor. It doesn't effect the car at all and the light usually turns off the next time I start it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.