$60K + but it is still a Jeep - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 AM
White Jeepy
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-sleeper View Post
this guy is a joke. You should have bought a Toyota.
and wtf is wrong with a toyota?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10then8 View Post
I've refrained from writing my own review of my SRT8, but I honestly can't take it anymore. I can't believe a manufacturer would be proud of this vehicle, its design, and the quality of components and assembly that is allowed to go on to a $60000+ vehicle. From day one the issues with my SRT have continued to stack up and now (5000 miles later) I'm not even excited to get into my Jeep everyday. I hope that everyone else is enjoying their SRT, while I labor through regular dealer visits and complete and utter dissatisfaction...

Issues to date:
(known or previously mentioned by other members)
chips in the rims - 3-4 mm in dia
brake dust - whats worse is that it eating through the paint on the rims inside some of the wheel features
lack of wheel coverage - it looks as though the lead into my rear wheel well has been peppered with shotgun pellets
Overall performance (honestly...my 2006 charger was a more enjoyable drive than the Jeep)

(new, at least to what I've read)
Leak in the rear hatch window (there is a gap in the seal visible from the drivers seat, I mean really does anyone at the factory not spray water on the vehicle or look in the rearview mirror during the 10 day inspection period?)
Seat quality (now by all means I'm not the smallest or the biggest man in the world, in my industry I would be considered the norm, but at 5K miles my seat looks like the seat in my old Denali did after 40000 miles; not to mention that it is uncomfortable as heck)
Doors (has anyone else opened your window and then shut your door? sounds like half of the components in the door are lose, is this really the best they can do?
paddle shifters (shut off the radio and roll up the windows, listen for your paddle shifters rattle and create a little 'ding' or chime.)
rear carpet (after 3 days of transporting my golf clubs in my golf bag around town and to and from the course, I have very large areas where the carpet has been rubbed out of base structure and areas that looks like I tried to pull the carpet out making it look frayed and cheap)
Post wash ribbons (really after years of seeing cars on the road with water ribbons running down the doors, rear windows, and bumpers; the engineers couldn't do anything about them? that there shows that it is still a non-luxury vehicle, think about the customer and not just function. I kow for a fact that with slight design changes all those water ribbons can be eliminated.

Enough for now...have a nice day!

I am waiting in vain for my 2012 Jeep SRT8 delivery anytime from mid december . hope it wont be a (LEMON)!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 PM

Mice Nuts!

Dear Sir,

I would get the window seal fixed by the dealer.

I would stop worrying about the seat, and if it really bothers you, get some really nice seat covers. That would spare you from seeing the wear and tear on your seats and afford you some additional comfort.

I would say that the as long as nothing goes wrong with your driver door (or and other doors) operation, that you should move on and enjoy your new Jeep.

If your paddle shifters are loose, have them fixed and insist that they use a drop of Blue Loctite on the threads before closing up the assembly.

For your carpet woes (!), I would do what every other responsible owner has done and spend a few more bucks on some nice quality rubberized floor mats.

As far as the "wash ribbons".... I would suggest you grow a pair and focus on something else....

Enjoy your new Jeep SRT8, and stop worrying about things so small they amount to less than a single mice nut.

Believe me, I've had cars from all sorts of "premium" brands, Porsche, BMW M Series, Land Rover, Audi, etc.. and they all have their own unique issues that should have been addressed at the factory, but they didn't.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 AM

It just sounds like you don't like the vehicle or you expect exact perfection. For the record, I've never ever driven any vehicle that has been perfect.

Specifically regarding the seats. Both my wife and I agree the SRT seats are the most comfortable seats we have ever had in a vehicle.
20% Tint, De-badged doors, Billet catch can, SRT front badge
Previous car CTS-V sedan
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Some of these complaints are quality issues that can be corrected by the dealer. In general, he should have bought a different vehicle. This Jeep is not for him. I just wrote a review, on the other site, of my 6290 mile road trip through 14 states, and believe that this Jeep is the world's most reasonably priced supercar.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM

The driver seat...I use a color matched half towel to protect the door side as you get in side from rubbing wear 7000 miles looks brand new...the rest of this guy's gripes can be resolved...like using a large micro towel for drying the damn thing, and if it's a dark color you will have the drip stain issue with any dark color vehicle anyway, a good wax 3-4 times a year and the water stains easily wipe off with quick detailer and a micro towel, cars don't take care of themselves...you have to do it

Brake dust jeez man this is a high performance vehicle what did you expect...you have to clean these wheels every 2-4 weeks...get over it and get some healthy sunshine while you are at it come on man....

7000 miles and mine is as perfect as the day I bought it almost a year of ownership...it's a fantastic rig...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Senior Contributing Member

I just read through all the posts on this thread and I swear I felt I was on Bimmerzone or benzworld throughout the thread. You have a WK2 owner posting his HONEST feedback on his time as a SRT8 owner and everyone is jumping down his throat. Yes, some of the issues may be petty but he does raise some legitimate issues. Many of you have chosen to turn his concerns into personal attacks that have absolutely no relevance regarding the problems he has raised.

Last time I checked everyone was proud of the fact that we own American built SUVs that are comprable (if not better!) than the overpriced import crap. While that pride is admirable, we still need to acknowledge that we are paying 40k+ less for our rigs and as such, there are going to be minor flaws.

2007 Black- 3/8/10-3/28/2011
2008 Black-1/23/2012:
Xenons/Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors/Eibachs/Magnaflow 12687s/QTP Electric Cutouts/Arrington CAI/Johan Tune / Swaybar Links / Bridgestone RFT Duelers 275/315
The Following User Says Thank You to rglax For This Useful Post:
m4xm1l10n (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM

Wash Ribbons!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rglax View Post
I just read through all the posts on this thread and I swear I felt I was on Bimmerzone or benzworld throughout the thread. You have a WK2 owner posting his HONEST feedback on his time as a SRT8 owner and everyone is jumping down his throat. Yes, some of the issues may be petty but he does raise some legitimate issues. Many of you have chosen to turn his concerns into personal attacks that have absolutely no relevance regarding the problems he has raised.

Last time I checked everyone was proud of the fact that we own American built SUVs that are comprable (if not better!) than the overpriced import crap. While that pride is admirable, we still need to acknowledge that we are paying 40k+ less for our rigs and as such, there are going to be minor flaws.
Sorry man, he went too far when he pulled out the wash ribbons comment. I didn't even know what a wash ribbon was until I thought about it for a while!

He definitely has some issue that should be fixed by the dealer, but it just seems a bit too whiny...
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM

I just priced a 2013 Vapor, loaded...68K+ taxes..EGAD!!!!
Very cool vehicle, almost bought it but for the price.
I had an '07 Jeep SRT8 and thought the seats were the greatest
I have ever had. I now own a Raptor that has great seats also but
not quite as good as my Jeep. My other ride is a '08 C-6 Corvette.
Very nice car, very fast, but has the worse seats of any vehicle I have
ever owned which is why I'm thinking of brooming the Vette (9k miles# and
'10 Raptor 6.2L #14K miles) and getting another SRT8. I will probably wait until
the '14 comes out as they going to change the front and rear fascia's and probably
put the 8 speed tranny in it. They have stopped taking new orders for all Jeep GC's
now and expect the new early '14 GC's to come out in the new year/spring.
OMG they will probably want $70K+ I'm thinking.
Sorry, I sidetracked when I saw your comment on the W2 SRT8 seats so did not mean
to highjack your thread. I hope you have better luck with your issues. Take it back
and get the stuff the dealer can fix and enjoy your Jeep.
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.