Hurricane Sandy Damage - SRT8 2012 - Ideas? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications

WK2 SRT8 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications This section is for discussing WK2 interior and exterior visual modifications

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rivetpro
Hurricane Sandy Damage - SRT8 2012 - Ideas?

Hurricane Sandy Damage - SRT8 2012 - Ideas?
I treated this baby better than my wife....

I am sad. I am also picky and impatient.... And kind of dont want to deal with this all.

1) Should I fix it to a substandard level and just sell it..... Repairs on the cheap... apply the bal to my new car. I could not fix it like this and keep it....
2) Should I fix it to my standards using every bit of the ins. money.
a) then sell it who might do the below themselves -or-
b) Maybe throw a custom paint job and some other custom things that might make me better about keeping it. I would not normally do this with a new car but in this case it might be an opportunity.

Any ideas??? Picture 3 is the worst of it.

Paint Scheme I choose to keep it? CF hood. Two tone color (if so what colors)? How about a matte black version? If so, what parts should be matte black and do you think that finish will hold up without a clear coat on top

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f33rv6ntj2m2w6/Jeep4.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhulqc9b6566p5d/Jeep5.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okjap2oxnpe1vpl/Jeep3.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Ah man..... I'm so sorry to read this. Although I must say I'm glad you are ok to be typing. I feel for you, I had $39,000 in damage done to my jeep when it was 10 months old. While mine was not water damaged it was still disheartening. I love the WK2's all the same as as the WK1's.

I can't see the pics on my phone so I can't see the damage done, but here are my thoughts......

Let the insurance fix it to your standards, this is what I did and I was EXTREMELY selective as to the shop I used which took four months and was well worth the wait as they used only Mopar parts and did an impeccable job. Then I began my build for power and speed, which is what I would do in your shoes now that there is tuning available. Make it fun, make it yours and have a blast!

It won't be cheap, but you would be a pioneer in your platform! Did the engine survive?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

I would like to add that whatever you decide, please don't sell it with undisclosed damage, that's just passing the buck and the Karma police would frown heavily on this.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Yea what he said sorry to hear^^^^
Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 AM

Garage
Actually, if you we're to paint it flat black, the shop would use what is called a flat
Clear coat. It can't be buffed it polished in any way but can be waxed with the same protection as a normal clearcoat
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rivetpro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboatchad View Post
I would like to add that whatever you decide, please don't sell it with undisclosed damage, that's just passing the buck and the Karma police would frown heavily on this.

I would never do such a thing. If I decide to sell it (before repairs) it will be clear to the new owner. If I sell it after repairs, Carfax will have all the info on the VIN. The only way to do this is get it repaired the right way.... pulling out no stops in the paint job. The only reason I would sell it at this point is if someone else wanted this car to fix and paint all custom. I actually like a more stock looking paint on a car. If I were younger I would paint it electric blue with white stripes... and get crazy. But... Im just not into that drastic look anymore.... Getting old I guess. I wouldnt mind something subtle like the two tone idea or a flat black.... But I am not into attracting cops so bright colors would be out of the question

Last edited by rivetpro; 11-11-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Dear Hurricane Sandy,

You suck! sorry about your car man. And I also hope you and all your friends and family are safe!

06 Dodge Cummins..Twins..NADP tranny..Smarty w/Revo-TNT tune

03 Eliminator Daytona 30'..Twin blowen 509's..2200 HP..154 MPH on GPS..and she still has more

09 SC Chopper Guys FXR Trike..120" Ultima..Baker F5R tranny..Pro Clutch..Mystery Design rear end..Twin 300's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.