Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

From Mustang to Jeep SRT8

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DCsnow1000 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Well today traded my 05 Roush Mustang (STG 2) to a Jeep SRT8! I am pretty pumped about this car and the power. Well like any car junkie i am already looking at performace upgrades but i have a question. For Mustangs anytime you add a CAI you need to have the car tuned, but i don't see this with the Jeep:confused:? Can i just buy an Arrington CAI and call it a day or is there somethings that i should know before i purchase it? Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Go for the CAI, no tune is required but you'll find it's recommended. Take a look in the performance forums here and you'll see the common mods and summaries of what works best. Most common:
- first order of business, get a catch can
- CAI (BWoody, Arrington, Mopar, etc.)
- tuner (Trinity or InTune)
- Jet 180 t-stat
- custom tune, you'll find a couple members here who'll work with you on it. There are canned tunes on the Trinity or inTune, but custom tunes get the most out of your rig. Big improvement.

For these light mods you'll notice the biggest improvement in the CAI and custom tune.

General summary with exhausts are they don't offer performance gains, they're mostly for sound with these light mods.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
lol, catch can is the first AND last order of business.

BT is having a huge sale this Friday, up to 40% off. Check them out, quick!

Looks like you bought an 06, should do a full SeaFoam treatment too for cleansing.... There's a sticky thread in the performance section on what FULL means.... Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Welcome to the crew! Congrats on the new ride, I bet you love the new Jeep over the 3v Mustang! So how many times did your cam phasers go bad on the Roush?

What the guys have said above is on point, few basics to start, you don't NEED a custom tune, but it really does make a world of a difference. Like buying a new vehicle all over again.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated! My Mustang was pretty sick but after an accident the car went down hill. I'm loving my Jeep though and the engine is so bad ass. Currently I'm looking at the basic mods. Definitely getting a catch can and an intake. So is there any horsepower difference between the bwoody and Arrington? I love the carbon fiber look, wish bwoody would make the upper tube in carbon fiber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.