Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Procharger D1SC 10-11 Psi Dyno Results 600whp

23K views 68 replies 22 participants last post by  Knuckles 
#1 · (Edited)
held 10-11 psi in 3rd gear.
AWD
93 octane only

any idea why power drops so much? belts slip, crank pulley slip?

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Wow nice man! i just posted this video in one of my thread, was trying to see who's jeep it was.

#5 · (Edited)
AWD
93 octane only

SRT8 Jeep 600whp procharged PSI PROformance dyno - YouTube
Nice bro!!! One sick Jeep you got there!!! Yeah something looks off on it and it could be belt slippage.... You see any signs of black rubber in the engine bay? What pulley you running now on the blower? Still the 3.2" or did you go to a 3.0? What does your AFR and look like in this run?

#6 ·
If it held 10-11 psi, then I wouldn't think belt slip, unless you were expecting more boost.

If it is an 11lb pulley setup for your motor combo, then you're just making the boost you're supposed to. Get a graph with boost reference and see if it climbs and falls or if it climbs and holds steady.

With centri blowers you'll see more boost with rpm, but realistically your graph looks normal-ish. Your torque plateaus before your HP peaks, which implies that you were still making power with RPM gain. Should it make power past 5500 rpm? That depends on the rest of the setup, I have no idea what cam you're running.

If the boost fell off, that would explain it, but steady 10-11 psi doesn't mean that it fell off at 5500rpm. If you were making 11psi at 5500 and 10psi at 6000, that still doesn't explain the 50jp loss.

#7 ·
nice run, graph does look funky and 600 seems low for 11 psi...

maybe your jeep is pulling timing do to kr*?

what is your fuel pressure sitting at?

if it where me i would invest in some methanol injection for some added safety

#14 · (Edited)
Is your Crank pulley pinned??? Maybe the shop forgot to do it when they installed the 17% OD pulley..... No? Just a thought man...

#11 ·
You don't want that crank pulley slipping, that's really bad. Nice video, I think I've watched it 5 times now!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
if you look carefully in the video you can see the belt rubber dust all over the SC bracket. no timing was pulled. also if you look at the video (part with the boost gauge) you can see boost start dropping toward the end of the pull.

in reality this was more of a base pull to see where we stand and also to make sure that the tune was good enough to continue messing with the car and testing things. on the first pull the car started to go a bit lean so luckily the tuner at PSI knew the system and was able to make few quick fueling adjustments to the Johan tune.

#13 ·
If the belt is slipping then I would pulley up to a 3.4 or even a 3.5 man....

#15 ·
Max, where are you with your boost progress? Any new developments?

#17 ·
What?!! Pin before running again ASAP! Lol! Very interested in that cobra head you are rigging up. Keep up the good work, you are our boosted forged Procharger pioneer.

No pressure!

#18 ·
Pin that crank ASAP and do not get on the Jeep until you have it done or else you will damage that crank on your block.... Pin it first and then if you feel you need more Psi then go to the 3.0" pulley....

Reactions: tugboatchad
#21 ·
#22 ·
AWD
93 octane only

So this is the jeep thats going to run JJ's trans am over, ill be looking for you on the blvd this summer. When ever you get it running right Ive got a DSM that's willing to run you for fun.

#24 ·
Sick video and nice numbers bud. Congrats on the new power! Enjoy it!

#25 ·
Should be closer to 700 at the wheels at 15 psi would be my guess, so he will be there soon when he fixes pinning the crank...

#26 ·
Yeah the numbers in relation to the video say it was on 11 PSI so you figure another 4 PSI he should definitely be close to 700

#28 ·
Your tail lights are identical to the ones I ran for a couple of years.

Did you see Ruffjat updated his "lil build update" with 13# of boost dyno numbers? I know dyno doesn't really mean shit it's all about the track but 695 HPwith his 393 is giving me huge hope for his build.

#36 ·
Did you install the kit yourself or the shop that did the Dyno season for you? If the shop installed it then I would take it back for them to pin the crank for you since already payed for it when doing the install. I believed the ATI dampener has a keyway in it that's made to fit with a Manley Forged Crank... Do you have a stock crank or Manley forged crank?

#41 ·
Well the 13 PSI run is promising. Belt breaking sucks but at least you know you are on the right track now as you are making more boost.

#43 ·
Woooo-hoooo! Nice start, Max. Glad to see the crank pinned and that it's improving your results. Now tackle why that belt is shredding?

#45 ·
it was on dyno shops blog and their logo was in it. got complaints for allegedly promoting street racing due some pulls on a closed course at the end of the dyno video. it will be reuploaded i am told.

on another note. are there any 18 inch base model jeep wheels that clear the back brakes. i want to put some 18" DRs on this thing and hit Atco later this month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.