Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Intake Installed WK2

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Helheim 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, got the LMI intake put on that can be bought through Modern Muscle (vendor here). Its the same as the one for the Chally guys, just rotate the tube or talk to Chris about drilling the IAT sensor hole in a different location for a special order. Looks good, sounds good. Will add video later... let me know what ya think...

Ignore the dirty engine bay ;) Will post clean pics with the video, lol

See less See more
1 5
Reactions: jkalbin
#2 ·
Looks good brochacho... :D

#4 ·
Same here. I'll see if I can fix them.

EDIT: Nope. They're Google e-mail attachments. jkalbin can see them because they're sharing the same computer (IP).

Bernie

#5 ·
In for a picture update. I see nothing as well

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#6 ·
Pics fixed and added a little vid clip for the inconvenience... :D

#7 ·
Looks good, Chris makes great intakes, I have one on my WK2 Overland.

#8 ·
Not bad, I like how it bends to get to the furthest point away from the engine to help it stay out of the heat.

#10 ·
I really like the looks of the intake a lot, but it sits pretty high; I think functionally it would be better if it sat closer to the fogs where cold air comes off the road.

#12 ·
I am building my own carbon fiber heat shield this week for support and to keep the engine heat out. Ill post pics once i get it made and put on.

#13 ·
#14 ·
So.....how do you like it? I like this option. It seems to sit lower than the Hennessey, is cheaper and no issue with the washer bottle. So what's the issue with rotating the tube?

#15 ·
It's not really an issue, it's just that you have to get it lined up right to fit perfectly ;) There are two places to rotate the assembly at the elbow coupler and I don't think it comes with the elbow installed. Just adjust to fit ;)

It's on my brother's jeep, but I just rode with him for 1,200 miles and it sounds sooo much better than stock. He picked up 1-2 mpg's on the highway too. I have to say I'm a bit jealous of ECO mode on the long road trips and getting 21 mpg avg on the evic. He is still low mileage, the last 0-60 he ran with the stock intake and the 22" wheels was about 5 seconds and with the new intake it's down to 4.2 (same wheels). I think it's still breaking in a bit. ;)

The only other thing he mentioned was getting the IAT sensor to reach because the hole in the tube is a bit higher up. You might need to re-route the wire out of a loom to get a bit more slack. Not a big deal and definitely not a deal breaker for him ;)

I have the LMI intake for the wk1 motor and love the quality... not to mention it barely weighs anything :D

#18 ·
5 minutes for install... probably take longer to find the right size sockets :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.