Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My New Beast :)

17K views 112 replies 50 participants last post by  Srt_8Ricky 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally got back to Saint Louis this past Monday and have been driving my new 2013 Mustang GT500 ever since. I am absolutely in love with the vehicle from the exterior design to the interior refinement, and especially the exhaust note of the vehicle. I haven't driven a manual transmission vehicle in a long time, so it has taken some time getting used to, especially with first gear. Everything besides first gear is relatively simple.

My initial assessment of daily drivability is that she is going to be a lot of work. She has a lot and I mean a lot of power and always wants to go, so it will be tough not always taking advantage of that. It has been an absolute blast and I enjoy every moment of it. Gas mileage has been alright, I have done 90% city driving so that doesn't help but I am thinking city I am around 15 and highway is estimated 23.

No sooner than when I got home was I at a local tint shop getting 18% all around and 45% on the windshield. I think it really completed the look and as of right now, that's all I plan on doing. But we all know how long this lasted with my jeep :rolleyes:. Here are some night pictures of the tint, I will get better day pictures tomorrow, enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats John. Very nice ride. When will it make its way north?

#5 ·
Thanks Tim,

I will be bringing it to Chicago either next weekend or the weekend after. Will definitely take it to a Kilt night or two.

The tint does a lot!!! Nice John, I am sure you are having fun with her.
Thanks Johnny, I think it really completes the look. She is an absolute blast, and everyone stops me to ask about it. Gets more attention that my jeep :O

Very freaking nice.
Thanks Adam!

#11 ·
Hahaha I wouldn't have enough road for the Shelby to win, but the jeep won't get anywhere near 200mph

awesome ride..
Thanks man!

#9 ·
awesome ride..

#10 ·
Oh Lawd she's dirty!! Lol. Enjoy the ride man. It's a sweet one for sure. The BEST part about that car John is......................

it's the slowest one you own. ;)

Reactions: J&D's SRT's
#12 ·
Yeah soooooooooooo dirty haha. LOL I don't think that's the best part, I could think of a few other reasons ;). But it won't be the slowest for long. Just needs a little Stage6 loving :grinbiginvert:

#13 ·
I got your back homey. Bring that beast down here. Drop the blower and slap some twins on there. ;) Ain't the first time we've done it to a bad ass Ford. About it do it again next month on a Ford GT. :D

#14 ·
Once I free up some extra cash, I would love too :D. And yes I have heard, I can't wait to see the results!

#35 · (Edited)
Thanks Jim. No definitely haven't forgotten about the jeep, it's just always in the shop. LOL not quite yet :p

Congrats John! Looks nice!
Thanks Matt!

Damn you Snapped with this ride John!!! Definitely digging the new ride man!!!
Haha sure did. Got an incredible offer, and I am thinking it's time to let go of the jeep.

Damn Stupp!!! Thats kickass-looking..............haha whats the first mod gonna be?:D:D
Thanks Colby! Hmmmmm I am thinking pulley swap :cool:

First mod is wheels and tires so you can make use of the power at the track.
Unfortunately this vehicle will not see the track unless the jeep goes. I will need the excess cash to fund the new bad habits with this vehicle lol.

Nice....now get some good pics of her in the daytime!
Getting them today with a Porsche!

Looks great bud!
Thanks DJ!

Looks great John....hope I'll get to see her when I come to Chicago!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
You definitely will Justin!

so awesome john...

good choice in color too
Thanks John. Honestly I think the black with matte black stripes is gorgeous.

Awesome John, that is pure badass!!
Thanks Jason!

Love it! Thought you were going to pass on this for a while though?
That was the plan, but then I got to thinking, and unfortunately the Mustang makes much more sense to keep than my jeep.

Nice car, one of the few fords I do like...

I was thinking the same thing
Thanks bud!

Hell of a daily driver John! One of my favorite cars! Congats bud
Thanks Brian, she is a freaking blast!

Let me know when you're ready to rip into it!
Obviously ;)

Great looking ride man!
Thanks brother!

I'm not a Mustang guy at all, but I'm definitely impressed with the power of the new cars and you can't beat the black on it! Congrats and use it well. Are you planning on taking it to the track at all?
Yeah I was never a big mustang guy, but the refinement and capabilities of this vehicle in particular have changed me. IMO there is no other better bang for the buck vehicle out there. $62K fully loaded 200mph capable 662hp beast, enough said! Not until the jeep has been sold.

Nice car John. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Thanks Eskle!

Time to go for another drive in your new car!! Lol. Congrats yo's that thing is gorgeous. Hurry up and get some better pics! :p
Anytime Kris :D. Well thank you, and I have a photo shoot lined up today!

Congrats John!
Pretty mean looking ride.
Hey, it's sunny out there... where are the pics...? :D
Thanks Mario! LOL well I am a bit farther south than you :p

#16 ·
Congrats John! Looks nice!

#17 ·
Damn you Snapped with this ride John!!! Definitely digging the new ride man!!!

#30 ·
Great looking ride man!

#31 ·
I'm not a Mustang guy at all, but I'm definitely impressed with the power of the new cars and you can't beat the black on it! Congrats and use it well. Are you planning on taking it to the track at all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.