9K views 62 replies 31 participants last post by  ToofDoc 
#1 ·
GCSRT8 4 Pirelli original tires - $1800
Gallardo 4 Pirelli original tires - $1500

GCSRT8 gas full tank - $95
Gallardo gas full tank - $75

WTF!?!?

#35 ·
The used market price for gallargo's isn't too bad, you're in line with used 911 turbos and such. I was looking at them for a while, unfortunately, I'm a little tall for them, it would be a bit of a struggle to own. Short trips only without getting too uncomfortable I'd suspect.

Might try again in a few years, time will tell. Maybe the next body style will fit tall people a tiny bit better too :p

#38 ·
She didn't care for exotics before...but after getting the Lambo....she's now a "Bull"iever!

Jack_Toepfer said:
Thought the Lambo would have been a lot more. But I guess you can pick up an '09 for the price of 2 '12 SRT8s. Makes sense. lol
When I first initially thought about pulling the trigger on getting a Gallardo, I was afraid of the cost of insurance for the car! End up with State Farm because I have my other vehicles with them as well as my home owners, liability policies along with multiple other discounts which were the keys to affordability!

Great coverage too for my Lambo. I was very pleased. I can get my Lambo premiums even lower if I increase my deductible from $500 to $1000 or $2000!

For what I paid for my 2009 LP560 ($175K), I can buy close to three 2012 GCSRT8s! Then all the mods that I added onto and into my LP560, I can buy another 2012 GCSRT8! Can't stop installing carbon fiber!! :D

#45 ·
Brothels are not legal in Pennsylvannia, so only one hooker per car.

#46 ·
The WK2 has a payload capacity around 1,350 lbs. Minus your weight, I'd venture to say the "safe" amount of hookers to be hauled is around 8-9. Pile them in as you see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#48 ·
Haha whats up with forums and dead hookers every forum I'm on they always talk about them in their trunks

#50 ·
Ahh makes sence now need to go get me sum!

#53 ·
Haha good one harvey!

#55 ·
Hookers down in Tijuana are $60. Anyone can afford that :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#56 ·
Look guys I spend big money to get mine from the vegas strip ain't got nothing on me

#58 ·
Ive been looking at Gallardos lately too but i cant swing an 09+ so ive been looking at the 05-08 range. Looking at pics makes the desire to own even worse. But every time i think of buying one all i can think about is having to pay for a new engine or tranny should something happen. While i can afford a replacement i dont want to have to stomach that cost when i could use that money other places or for some crazy mods on another car. This makes me think i dont have enough cash for an exotic; should prolly have enough that spending the money for a replacement is a non-factor (or maybe im just too practical to spend that kinda dough).

Really it doesnt make any sense to me to buy a gallardo when i can get a 911 turbo or a new Viper which are both just as fast, if not faster, under warranty, and still more rare than a zr1 or R8 (albeit maybe not exotic).

Thoughts?

#59 ·
Many thoughts. But probably none of which will help you.

as far as the Gallardo goes, fantastic car, someone drove one around the world just because he could. On the other hand, like you say, if the transmission or engine go, one can only imagine the replacement value.

I've been told some porsches get into the 60,000 range for replacement engines, so I can only imagine what it would be for a Gallardo.

Porches are reliable like old clocks but in some cases, can be about as boring :p

to me, it sounds like you're making excuses not to purchase one, and they are good excuses. It's not like you could park it at a mall to go shopping. It serves no purpose other then to go for random drives and pick up girls :p which is a good purpose to some.

I have a reproduction porsche 356 speedster, and I'm even scared to leave it places for too long, and it's worth about 35,000.

so what you have to ask yourself is, "which 'head' should I be using to make this decision"

If you are like my dad and put 1,500 miles per year on a toy car, you're going to end up spending more upkeeping it from lack of use then you would if you 5,000 miles, and then you'd have to spend more per year running it if you drove it 7,000+ per year. If you ever track it, you're entering an entirely new ball park... What are your needs and demands of such a product?

Do you own a house, any plans on renovations, any chance of kids on the way? Or have you had kids and they are already living on their own and have no demands on your pocket? Basically, make a check list and check it twice. Any unexpected expenses can and will happen, and if you can afford to take care of those unexpected expenses and maintain an exotic car, then my suggestion is "you only live ones, make every minute count, but be responsible, because you don't want to outlive your source of income!"

#61 ·
Owning a Lamborghini is fun as hell! Even if its just sitting in your garage in the winter time! It's an attention getter winner and owning other brands (Porsche, Corvettes, Lotus, Bentley, Ferrari) would not be the same.

You're right, it's not the fastest around the block stock, especially 04-08 editions because they're not as powerful as the 2009+, but its STILL a Lambo! You can now purchase a preowned 2004-06 around $89K but with high mileage! If you go to Lamborghini-talk or Lambopower forums, you read from multiple owners that one should not be afraid of high mileages Gallardos!

You know, I haven't heard much about Lambo tranny or engine break downs to where one has to replace it, but that doesn't say it's not costly for maintenance. I'm about to bring my G in foe the 4-year service (maintenance by year not by mileage), its going to cost me around $2-3000!

They're costly for service and parts!

Had to replace a side mirror once, it was $1200 just for an OEM new part. More on top of that for labor! I upgraded to the carbon fiber side mirror and that was $4300 for one mirror!

Figure out your finances, if it works?! Do it!

#63 ·
Only Lamborghini I would own would be twin turbo'd or I'd buy one that was.

My nutty car can't be slower than my current nutty car (jeep)

The amount of stupid money I spend on my jeep fixing stupid mishaps makes a $4300 mirror look like a reasonable purchase.
Yes, but you mod the hell out of your cars and those custom parts aren't cheap so of course!

TTG are insane, but pleasure of owner a stock Lamborghini is also a pleasurable! :banana_hitit:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.