Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

RET first custom single turbo kit

28K views 191 replies 42 participants last post by  Greg 1320' 
#1 ·
Ret in Downey ca is how starting to do turbo kits

Attachments

See less See more
#35 ·
$8000 WTF! That too much, I really like the setup but thats a lot of cash to pony up for this system vs the Stage 6 for $9000.00 that includes everything, tuning and engineering behind the product.

Love the product but not the price....

#37 ·
Yes but the RET setup is not a whole lot similar to the stage 6 single setup. It looks good but it'll take quite a few setups done and changes made to the RET kit before its in a same league as Stage 6. No offense bro, love your Jeep and the turbo, just trying to compare apples to apples.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: CHUCKTOWNSRT8
#40 ·
Do you happen to have a detailed list of specs and parts used? i.e. turbo make, size,trim and intercooler sizing, and injectors used... so on and so forth?

#42 ·
I like the kit as a turbo option, and i also like the filter location, may have to do this on my super charger...but I do not like the price tag of $8000

Any fool can look at pictures of the Stage 6 single turbo kit and compare it to this kit and see a huge difference in engineering and quality...I would pay the $9000 for a Stage 6 setup with a smile on my face, but I would not pay $8000 for the RET setup...Its more realistic at $5000 - $6000 price tag...

#50 ·
Anything in particular you think this kit lacks in engineering or quality? I don't know many engineers that make turbo kits for Jeeps, lol, jk

Nothing against S6, they clearly have a strong following, and for good reason, but to make blanket statements about something you know NOTHING about for the sake of bashing another product isn't doing anybody any good. Know how easy it is to put a 4" DP in that truck? Do you also know that most turbos on these trucks don't outflow a 3.5" DP? Other than the DP what else do we know about it?

I also really like the filter location, was wondering how they were going to pull that off.

#45 · (Edited)
I just think this is a simple turbo design / kit that will work well, but not on par with other vendors here, and will have power limitations so why the expensive price tag?

It should be more geared to someone who is willing to pay a price in the neighbour hood of a what the supercharger kits are going for...$5000-$6000

Chris you know this is not worth $8000 as a production kit:rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll all pass final judgement when we hear dyno numbers.

#52 ·
I guess when I spoke of the piping and seeing other RET cars run I just assumed they were shooting for huge numbers, I can say I will be watching the street videos for this Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#55 ·
$9k installed and tuned. Built in house only to make sure its perfect. Precision 76mm billet wheel turbo, Precision or Tial wastegate, 50mm bov, all stainless, custom true merge, stainless bellow, turbo mount that bolts into factory mounting points, 80# inj, kb bap, thick core air to air cooler, all vbands stainless with self alighning grooves, Borla muffler, air filter, heat wrap, silicone couplers on cold side, tbolt clamps, black compression AN fittings and lines for oil feed and drain, and screw in iat sensor. Kit requires ZERO trimming or cutting of anything! *Optional bigger downpipe avail at no extra charge, but would lose half inch ground clearance*

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#56 ·
Looks good for a first time manufacturing if I understand this correctly
C'mon guys give the guy a chance
I'm sure its going to take many tweeks
Hopefully by summer it will be all ironed out and there will be some great dyno numbers
OOPS forgot its always summer in southern Cal.

#59 ·
another one of these builds huh??? i think everyone should chill out....maybe do a little research on RET themselves, and still after that wait until the dyno sheets and the track numbers come out for their jeep kit. unless im too drunk to taste this chicken by looking at their actual website....looks like they work on Z06s and ford GTs and shelbys sooooo their jeep kit will probably put down so good numbers. cali is a hell of a lot closer to ship my car then fl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.