Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Good Price?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TheSatinPumpkin 
#1 · (Edited)
hi all,

Over the last few months i been researching my next purchase which is a WK1. Options in my area is very limited and typically marked up high in price so i am going to purchase out of state and been using online buying/browsing resources like car gurus and eBay etc.

I saw this today and just inquiring if this is a good price for the miles and year per your experiences?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...0425555?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ec5680a53

Love the color and the miles is what really made me look into this one. Budget is limited to 22,000 plus 20% down which is really not much to work with so if the price is great then i dont see much haggle room for them to go further down.

ahh what to do.

#3 ·
looks super clean, low miles, nice options with rear dvd.....go for it! carfax clean?

Reactions: TheSatinPumpkin
#4 ·
Price seems very high to me. Yes, it is a nice jeep with low miles but it is an 06.. how many miles will you put on it in a year? if it is a DD, you will find a huge depreciation because you would be paying a premium for a low miles car that you will be running up the miles.

I recently purchased an 08 Dec 2012 with just over 50k miles for under 28k.. I did not think I got a steel of a deal.. If you pay anything close to the asking 28.9k plus the shipping you will be upside down...

if your goal is to find a clean low miles wk1 and not worry about the price, then you have nailed it.

#6 ·
Tuning is actually easier on a 06 from what I have been told. We have a different PCM. Easier to have headers pass emissions also. All heads are the same no matter the year.

#8 · (Edited)
Exactly 3 months ago, I got a 2010 with 30,150 miles.. same color, also fully loaded with every single option for $37,995 (no rear DVD because it wasn't offered for 2010, but theres other updates and add-ons that the 2010 has over the 2006). Anyways in my opinion, a car that is that many years older with similar mileage should not be priced only $9,100 less than mine. It should be priced lower than their asking... I would offer quite a bit less than $28,900 for it and see where it gets you. In fact I was able to bid mine down another $600+.

Reactions: TheSatinPumpkin
#12 ·
That white one has been posted up on here before. Someone else was looking to buy it I believe and it appears they never did. Do some digging on here and see if you can pull it up. A few of the WA members might have checked it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.