Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Trinity is now working

8K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  ACEofSRT8 
#1 · (Edited)
I took out the B&G PCM and put back the stock PCM. Now it's working like it should. That tuned PCM was interfering with the Diablo tune.
Not as responsive as my previous tune, but it runs a bit smoother and more enjoyable when in auto mode as well as a bit less aggressive, but nothing a custom tune can't fix to make it run even more aggressive than previously.
tried the higher shift point option, I hated it, it keeps hunting for higher gears in normal driving to the extent that it drove me mad and and disabled it immediately.
Now with sport mode, it really is doing what it's supposed to, it holds the gears and doesn't shift as it used to pre tune. It just wants you to drive it like you are in a race, which I like, but I don't recommend it for normal driving unless you want everybody in the street thinking and waiting for you to hammer away, it will draw attention to you coz it sends out hostile and evil vibes when in that mode lol.
What I would try next is install back the higher shift points and keep driving it in sports mode, I think that should do the trick of it not holding the gears for so long since it's always hunting for higher gear when using the higher shift points option in auto mode.
Will also search for the best fan settings for my 180 stat, hope the same settings for the wk1 work for our wk2s.
Data logged both 91 and 93 tunes, everything is working fine as my tuner said and that there is plenty of room to play.
With the pervious tune when using paddle shifter, I shift from 1st to 2nd once it reaches 5000 otherwise I would miss and shift and it will cut off, 2nd to 3rd at 6000 and 3rd to 4th at about 6400. Now I shift from 1st to 2nd at 5500, 2nd to 3rd 6500 and 3rd to 4th at about 6700-800, which I found are ideal and are at the limit edge for each gear.
Did also feel a little extra pull with the 93 tune when I stepped on the gas fully for the logging, but didn't do a run from a complete stop.
Disabling the traction control disables the AWD and it will be in RWD, which is fun until it got stuck in third gear when I took a tight u turn, so I enabled it.
Oh and disabled the MDS which was a relief, sweet option.
A little less torque management would be nice IMO.
All in all, it's worth the money so far, and can't wait for more updates from Diablo and a custom tune which I'm sure will unleash it's true potential, my hopes are high, well done Diablo and thank you.
Everyone should get one.
If I should ever compare between both the Diablo canned tunes and the B&G tune, I wouldn't say one is better than the other, they are just different in their own way.
I still have lots to learn about my trinity.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I used the quick adjust option to raise the shift point, which automatically raises the rev limiter as per the message that I got on the trinity, but I didn't like the way the shifts behaved in normal driving, it kept hunting for higher gears and I just couldn't bear it, I'm not sure what went wrong there, but will see again later.
By the way mike, what is the highest shift point we can reach on the trinity before cut off?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#9 ·
By the way, hope someone educates me on this one, how does the raised rev more effective with the higher shifting points? How do they work together? All I noticed was that it revs higher in neutral, how does it work with the shift points if the shift points are already raised?

#14 ·
Oh ok I see, so both shift point and rev limit should be raised to the same rpm limit point? Whatever the shift point is, the rev limit should be the same? I'm sorry but I'm new to this.

im guessing the raised shift point is at 6400 from 6200. If you look at the other rev limits the next one down is 6350. So that is probably the stock rev limit since it shifts at 6200. I think you just need enough of a cushion so you dont hit rev limiter but its not so high the motor will rev to high if you dont shift

#21 ·
Ok so I raised the shift points and raised the rev limit to 6600' took it for a drive around and it still shifts quickly, but not as quick or as bad as last time. Also adjusted the fan speed since I have a 180 stat, found the adjustments on one of the threads here.
Mike, I found an option to adjust WOT fuel and WOT spark, are these adjustments pre set for mild mods? Or is that something we shouldn't mess with since I'm no tuner? Coz I have a Bwoody CAI and a catback and would like to know if these adjustments would work with them and bring the most out of be canned tunes until custom tuning good and ready.

#24 · (Edited)
So went for a few runs after raising the rev limit, and noticed that with shifting at the right moment my 0-60 dropped by a .10 and with the 1/4 I got the same as I got before 12.9 but with better trap speed. Nice.
For the record, I saw the rev when in neutral option and maxed that out as well.
When I wake up, I'll load the 93 tune with the same set up and see what difference I get.

#26 ·
I read on here that something causes the transfer case to lock. Which could be very harmfull on pavement. What causes this to happen?? dont want to break something!!

#30 ·
I didn't even see an option for dyno mode. Turning traction off puts the car in rwd and causes all lights to pop up on cluster I noticed. But that's not dyno mode right? Is it save to drive around with traction off? Don't wanna burn up t-case or something

#31 ·
Disabling traction control via Trinity is what is being referred to as Dyno Mode. The option previously was called Dyno Mode. Mike from Diablo says its it's ok to drive with TC disabled via the Trinity, but be aware ABS is disabled as well. Personally, I don't think I'd drive around with TC turned off like that. Seems that it may be doing something with the transfer case in the process. You shouldn't make tight turns with TC disabled via the Trinity either. That's what I've heard.

My advice, just put the Jeep in sport or track mode, while stopped hit the TC dash button to turn it, and then press and hold the TC button for 10 seconds until you get the EVIC message saying ESC is disabled. The Electronic Stability Control can only be disabled in sport or track mode, and while the Jeep is not in motion.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#33 · (Edited)
So of it disabled awd how is it locking the t-case?? Or is it just locking the rear differential. Would sure be fun to light up the rear tires in a parking lot doin donuts. ;-)

#35 ·
Go find an ice patch and stick your head out of the window and watch :cool: I've done that before in the WK1 :lol:

#36 ·
Well mine is clearly RWD when traction is disabled on trinity. The tires break loose waaaay to easy to be 4wd, don't need to physically look. So clarification on this t-case or diff lock would be nice before someone brakes an axle or something!

#38 ·
Hey mongoose, you can turn off traction control completely off in sport mode also?? Mine will only do that in track mode. Also it is nothing like turning it off via the trinity. With the trinity you can smoke the tires, the only problem is that it still bogs down in the second to third shift and I found it shifts to early when not into the throttle more than a 1/4. Hopefully with some tweeking from johan on my toons I will be able to have the throttle feel of no traction control and the aggressive shifts and fueling I am getting with the canned tunes. Its funny how the srt engineers still won't let you completely disable the traction control if you want to.

#39 ·
I'm pretty sure you can disable TC and ESC in Sport mode as well.

If the Trinity disables the ABS then the brake traction control wouldn't work. I'm guessing disabling TC using the console button may still leave a small about of TC on somehow. I've done some good burnouts with TC disabled with the buttons going through water boxes at the track. But, I can't compare it the TC disabled with the Trinity as I haven't been home to tune my Jeep yet.

#41 ·
Just raised the throttle to 15% via trinity, feels very nice and more responsive. Also went back to stock shift points as I couldn't stand it hunting for gears, and in sport mode it tends to hold on to third gear for quite sometime, I noticed the coolant temp rises a bit more with that. I'll just save those settings for the track and races on isolated roads.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.