Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Bwoody suspension parts

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  jeep2006 
#1 ·
Anyone replace the rear upper and lower control arms, track bar, and front and rear swaybar links on an otherwise stock SRT8 GC? Notice any difference in handling?

I'm ordering new front lower control arms, rear contol arms, track bar, sway bar links, and all four shocks (Bilsteins), and wondered if the Bwoody rear suspension links and front and rear sway bar links are worth the extra coin...

Eric

#2 ·
Why you replacing the lower control arms? Did your vibration at 70 mph come back?

#3 ·
I run Bwoody Springs with the 1.3 drop, sway links, and the panhard bar. And I really liked the improvement a lot. It was noticeable by far over what the Jeep could do when it was stock. I would recommend them.

#4 ·
I've had the sway bar links for a while now. Put them in the same time that I put on my Eibachs and noticed a difference. I put in a panhand bar last week and its great. There is significantly less body roll, especially on the on and off ramps on highways.

#5 ·
I'd get the QA1 rear shocks, especially if you're lowered

#9 ·
OK, just to be comparing apples to apples, my Jeep isn't lowered. It's a daily driver that gets the snot beat out of it regularly, and it has 76,000 mmiles under my 12D right foot. Once I got rid of the Goodyears and replaced the front lower control arms, the front-end vibration problem was gone for good. Since it was a non-SRT set of front control arms, the shock clevis bushings failed in less than 15,000 miles. Since I didn't want to spend the money for new controls arms again, I replaced the shock clevis bushings with new, non-SRT bushings from O'Reilly's. Well, now that I've racked up 76,000 total miles, the rear control and track bar bushings are getting loose, the shocks are noticeably worn, plus the front shock clevis bushings in the lower control arms are toast again.

So, I was wondering if anyone with an otherwise stock suspension is using the Bwoody stabilzer bar links, and/or their rear control arms and drag link.

Oh, and if anyone has QA1s on a stock ride-height Jeep, I'd be interested to hear how the compare to the stock Bilsteins. Part numbers for the shocks would be a plus! :D

Eric

#10 ·
Oh, and if anyone has QA1s on a stock ride-height Jeep, I'd be interested to hear how the compare to the stock Bilsteins. Part numbers for the shocks would be a plus! :D

Eric
I installed a set of QA1's and the BWoody swaybar links on an otherwise stock suspension Jeep and he was happy with them and said it handled great. There are no part numbers for the QA1's, just contact Harrison@Stage6.

#12 ·
I installed the upper/lower control arms , links and pan hard bar at the same time. It was on eibachs n qa1 shocks already. It did stiffen up the back to me it was a but better. On on ramps I do try n go faster. N holds up. 60 ft. Stock I ran 1.79, eibachs n qa1's 1.83., now my best was 1.75.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.