Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Wishful thinking

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  hotrodcalvert 
#1 · (Edited)
Like I recently posted, along with many other threads, I got on the interstate about a week ago, pulled out to overtake a slow dumptruck, gave the truck enough gas to kick down roughly one gear, and the truck didnt move an inch faster than what it was already going, just stayed at about 60mph................if any of you guys have been monitoring my posts on here, the shifting issues with my truck are being persistent, even with the ESM module replaced. So I got in touch with Keoni, and tomorrow I'll be having the dealer install his spare TCM module to see if this can possibly be the problem. Just wanna line out any potential areas that are and are not the problem. If it turns out to not be the TCM thats making my truck short-shift and fall on its face, my last determination is that it will have to be mechanical, but it goes in and out of gear fine, which almost doesnt convince me it IS mechanical. Just keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out, but knowing my luck on everything, well you guys can figure that out, haha:(:( Harrison put it right, I think my truck is possessed. lol

#4 ·
Good luck bro hope everything goes well I just got my truck back... Worst feeling having it gone

Reactions: hotrodcalvert
#6 ·
Bummer dude wish you luck!

#7 ·
Let's hope that this is the fix you have been searching for! Good luck and interested to see what the outcome is!

#9 ·
I feel your pain man, my truck is back in the shop yet again with a trans leak (a whopping 1000km's on that tranny lol). As you are aware I am swapping my ESM in the near future. Were you getting the service park assist all gears circled ? I am donating my old ESM to a forum member for some research. Hopefully he can come up with something. Best of luck man!

#10 ·
Naw Tim I never got the park assist problem, just had the dealership run the codes and they said they found a faulty code in the ESM module, so thats why they replaced it to no avail, haha ggrrr:mad:

#11 ·
Well guys, the dealer "said", and I use that term loosely, haha, that Keoni's TCM was not compatible with my truck, which I think is BS, because I spoke with Brian Brunt, who was in contact with an SRT engineer, that said that the TCM would absolutely work in my truck, so I think the stealership was scared to try, but its all good, I went ahead and had them reflash and update my entire system, TCM, PCM, etc, so after leaving I drove a few miles, re-installed my Tune onto the rig and then proceeded to beat the piss out of her for a little bit, and I'm happy to report, for now, that the beast is back, haha its shifting fine in traffic and then gives ya a swift kick in the ass when it shifts when I step into it, so Im hoping this joy isnt temporary, haha but so far so good, thank you everyone for your support, especially Keoni for evidently sending me a part the dealer didnt think I needed (their dumb, in my opinion) :boohoo:, BJB, Harrison, and all you other guys, its been a pain in the ass and I wish I coulda seen the problem earlier, just glad to finally have my truck back, peace out my brothers!!:D:D

#12 ·
I had a feeling it was electrical. That just didn't sound like a mechanical issue. Flashing back and forth can SOMETIMES corrupt a file. You never know. I've had my Jeep run funny, reflash it and it was fine. If you ever flash you Jeep back to stock, make sure when you reload the tune it's with the BRAND NEW STOCK TUNE. Sometimes if you use an older version of your stock tune you've had saved it can play games. Glad the reflash worked for you for now. Hopefully that's the fix and your months long nightmare is gone!

By the way, the only way a TCM is NOT compatible with another Jeep is if it's an 06 TCM and you're trying to put it in a 07 and up. The 06's are an EGS52 vs the 07+ EGS53. A little info for you guys that most already know. :D

Reactions: hotrodcalvert
#13 · (Edited)
Yea Harrison, I went back to my stock tune last night before I went to bed, so thats what was in the truck when they re-flashed it this morning, then I installed my tune in it after the re-flash was done. So far so good

#14 ·
Glad to hear everything worked out. I knock on wood every time I read a thread like this. Up until last night I've had zero electrical or mechanical gremlins with my jeep. I have no idea what the vibration at 70 even is!
I changed out my 72 mo. battery after 72 mo.and now I have no right channel on my radio. Go figure! Minor yes but what the hell is up with that! I was on BJBs property when it happened so ill just blame him.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#15 ·
Glad to hear everything worked out. I knock on wood every time I read a thread like this. Up until last night I've had zero electrical or mechanical gremlins with my jeep. I have no idea what the vibration at 70 even is!
I changed out my 72 mo. battery after 72 mo.and now I have no right channel on my radio. Go figure! Minor yes but what the hell is up with that! I was on BJBs property when it happened so ill just blame him.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Unhook the battery & hook it back up off of his property, see if it works, worth a shot :rofl:

Hope its just something minor Eskle. Something is up with the radios in these for sure though. Sometimes mine takes 3min to come on, other times it goes to an unknown station (static) on start up & sometimes it comes on with the vol muted. I'm thinking its a woman :silly:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.