Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Audio systems question

9K views 72 replies 8 participants last post by  HowIRoll 
#1 ·
I don't see it listed in any of these threads, but what are you guys using to integrate aftermarket amplifiers for components and subwoofers? Not those cheap speaker level inputs to RCAs I hope? I've been doing a bunch of reading on the JBL MS-8 but that thing is very expensive.

I have an 06 with navigation and would love to keep that, while also upgrading the entire stereo to something more to my liking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh... as an aside. I am also looking for someone to build a custom box for me for 2 10s. If you're good with fiberglass, Pm me. I've got money to play with. :)

:cool:

#6 ·
I used an Audio Control LC8i. It was for me my most economical choice. I think installed was around $150-175. It's been a few years but still going strong. The MS8 is a great piece, but as you stated, very expensive.

Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget

Works great for tying in my mono and four channel amps.
Trunk Subwoofer Vehicle audio Vehicle Car

#7 ·
Well I guess I will have to just wait and see what the installer decides to do. I'm not really cheapening out on anything.

10w7 prowedge
Alpine PDX M6
Boston acoustics PR60se up front
alpine type R components in the rear
Sundown audio SAX-125.4to power the components
big 3
Optima red top 34R
2 capacitors
*sound processor*

#8 ·
Replace the headunit then too, it'll give a better signal than any interface. Get a Z140 with an Pac Audio RP4..Nav, handsfree, and you keep the steering wheel controls.

#9 ·
If you aren't going to cheap out then listen to Eric and swap that head unit. If it was me I would not use an M6, I almost went that way but I decided to spend the extra coin and went with the PDX 6.1 and a PDX F4. Also I feel that the Type R speakers won't provide what you are looking for. Have you considered Morel or Focal for your speakers?

#12 ·
The PDX 6.1 is an older model, I'm not familiar with the new M models, just from my opinion 3 years ago when I did mine. I do love my PDX F4, very clean sounding amp. I'm still just using my kicker door speakers on the F4, I have had 2 sets of Focal's under my bed for almost 2 years waiting for install. Audio took a backseat to speed and power. Lol! I too kept my stock head unit for the factory look. I've never seen an aftermarket deck in person look good. Check out the RF 360 as well for processors.

#14 ·
The Z120 I had in my Jeep looked factory in the stock location. As for the Focal's, you need to get those installed. I installed some in my WK2 with a JL HD 600/4...sounds amazing..

Reactions: tugboatchad and JPG
#17 ·
165KRC and 165KR2 are the ones I have in the WK2 and a JL Stealthbox for the sub

#20 ·
LOL....far from it, I got a really nice discount on them and it was the gf that picked them since she drives it. So I am innocent. I just had to install everything.

#23 ·
I have a thread about using the factory camera with an aftermarket HU

Reactions: JPG
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.