Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hurricane Sandy Damage - SRT8 2012 - Ideas?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NorCaliSRT8 
#1 ·
Hurricane Sandy Damage - SRT8 2012 - Ideas?
I treated this baby better than my wife....

I am sad. I am also picky and impatient.... And kind of dont want to deal with this all.

1) Should I fix it to a substandard level and just sell it..... Repairs on the cheap... apply the bal to my new car. I could not fix it like this and keep it....
2) Should I fix it to my standards using every bit of the ins. money.
a) then sell it who might do the below themselves -or-
b) Maybe throw a custom paint job and some other custom things that might make me better about keeping it. I would not normally do this with a new car but in this case it might be an opportunity.

Any ideas??? Picture 3 is the worst of it.

Paint Scheme I choose to keep it? CF hood. Two tone color (if so what colors)? How about a matte black version? If so, what parts should be matte black and do you think that finish will hold up without a clear coat on top

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f33rv6ntj2m2w6/Jeep4.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhulqc9b6566p5d/Jeep5.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okjap2oxnpe1vpl/Jeep3.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
Ah man..... I'm so sorry to read this. Although I must say I'm glad you are ok to be typing. I feel for you, I had $39,000 in damage done to my jeep when it was 10 months old. While mine was not water damaged it was still disheartening. I love the WK2's all the same as as the WK1's.

I can't see the pics on my phone so I can't see the damage done, but here are my thoughts......

Let the insurance fix it to your standards, this is what I did and I was EXTREMELY selective as to the shop I used which took four months and was well worth the wait as they used only Mopar parts and did an impeccable job. Then I began my build for power and speed, which is what I would do in your shoes now that there is tuning available. Make it fun, make it yours and have a blast!

It won't be cheap, but you would be a pioneer in your platform! Did the engine survive?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#3 ·
I would like to add that whatever you decide, please don't sell it with undisclosed damage, that's just passing the buck and the Karma police would frown heavily on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#6 · (Edited)
I would never do such a thing. If I decide to sell it (before repairs) it will be clear to the new owner. If I sell it after repairs, Carfax will have all the info on the VIN. The only way to do this is get it repaired the right way.... pulling out no stops in the paint job. The only reason I would sell it at this point is if someone else wanted this car to fix and paint all custom. I actually like a more stock looking paint on a car. If I were younger I would paint it electric blue with white stripes... and get crazy. But... Im just not into that drastic look anymore.... Getting old I guess. I wouldnt mind something subtle like the two tone idea or a flat black.... But I am not into attracting cops so bright colors would be out of the question

#7 ·
Dear Hurricane Sandy,

You suck! sorry about your car man. And I also hope you and all your friends and family are safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.